Research Technician I
The lab of Dr. Jacob Reimer is seeking a talented technician to perform cranial window surgeries and carry out multi- photon in vivo imaging experiments. The lab environment is fast-paced and highly collaborative, imaging equipment is cutting edge, and resources are top-notch.
Performs the routine elements of research work that requires the use of skills, technical and academic knowledge to follow established procedures and record results.
- Meticulous attention to detail, who is self-motivated, friendly, good with their hands, and willing to pitch in with whatever is needed to move the experiments forward.
- Conduct research experiments, including multi-photon imaging.
- Perform technical laboratory procedures:
- Rodent surgeries with aseptic technique
- Autoclaving surgical instruments
- Collect and analyze data and maintains records.
- Enter data into the research database.
- Clean equipment such as surgical equipment, microscope parts, and cleans the surgical area.
- Assist with preparing laboratory reports, progress reports for grants, etc.
- Operate laboratory equipment.
- Associate's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Two years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Experience with mouse surgeries or microscopy is preferred, but
we are willing to train the right person. Other desirable skills
include viral injections, basic programming skills,
electrophysiology, or histology, and RNA-sequencing.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston