Director Employee Relations & Equity Officer
At LSSC your success is our mission.
We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
We are seeking a Director of Employee Relations and Equity Officer who will develop College-wide initiatives aimed at advancing inclusivity, employee engagement, and recognition. The Director will provide guidance and leadership for the creation and implementation of Diversity & Inclusion goals outlined in the College’s strategic plan. The Director will be responsible for effectively leading and organizing the charge of the Diversity & Inclusion workgroup and will act as a liaison between key college stakeholders. The successful candidate is also responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, commitment to excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop College-wide initiatives aimed at advancing
inclusivity, employee engagement, and recognition. Provide analysis
and key issue identification to College leadership for the
development of creative and constructive solutions related to
diversity and equity using benchmark tools such as the Higher
Education Excellence in Diversity Award (HEED) criteria.
2. Provide strategic direction for training initiatives on cultural competency, building a climate of equity and inclusion, and other topics to increase awareness and support of equity and inclusion values for the benefit of faculty, staff, and students.
3. Serve as the lead person in preparation of the Annual Florida Educational Equity Act Update Report and monitor progression towards accomplishment of stated goals, objectives, and strategies. Assist in the preparation of other College reports to state, local, national and College agencies. Assess and monitor program effectiveness and keep management informed of progress and issues through periodic reports.
4. Serve as Committee Chair of the Equity and Diversity subcommittee and serve on various committees throughout the College as requested. Accountable for collaboratively engaging all segments of the college community, including students, in raising awareness, promoting values, addressing issues and advancing opportunities related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
5. Develop and maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and case law related to discrimination and harassment based on all protected categories and applying to all campus stakeholders including, but not limited to, obligations under Title IX, the Clery Act, Title VI, Title VII, VAWA, ADA, and ADAAA.
6. In collaboration with Title IX Coordinator and Safety Officer, ensure the timely completion of LSSC’s response to, and investigation of, complaints pursuant to antidiscrimination laws and policies; including those involving sexual harassment and sexual misconduct and including, but not limited to, forms of protected class harassment and discrimination.
7. Provide information and guidance to faculty and staff in the areas of EEO and complaints or compliance investigations. Provide resources and supportive measures to faculty, staff and students who report or are accused of harassment, discrimination or retaliation.
8. Monitor, research, and ensure compliance of policies and procedures with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Provide analysis of legislation and regulations and make recommendations to leadership regarding policy and practice.
9. Serve as ADA Coordinator and ensure College compliance for employment accommodations where necessary. Collaborate with departments to develop appropriate workplace accommodations for employees as necessary and as required by law.
10. Maintain effective collaborative working relationships with campus president, deans, human resource professionals and others.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Required: Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, Student Affairs Administration, or related field.
SHRM certification a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Required: Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in higher education role(s) focused on civil rights, human resources, disability services, equal opportunity, student conduct, Title IX, or related areas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to work well in a collaborative decision making
environment. ? Ability to execute routinely effective oral
and written communication skills, especially with the ability to
speak and write persuasively.
- Collaborate effectively with a variety of constituencies. ? Project professional demeanor and maturity, exercise sound judgment, demonstrate commitment toward outstanding student service and teamwork.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal laws, regulations, policies and legal resources relating to equal opportunity and civil rights including but not limited to Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504, Title VII, and Title IX.
- Demonstrated mediation, dispute resolution or negotiation skills as they relate to equal opportunity and civil rights cases.
- Demonstrated ability to interview individuals with discrimination complaints, effectively prepare, present and support findings and determinations, and maintain neutrality when investigating and/or conciliating cases.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate policies and procedures and recommend revisions as necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in developing diversity, inclusion, and cross-cultural programs and activities.
- Ability to travel to the different campus locations, trainings and community-based events.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Haines Creek
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Haines Creek
- Human Resources Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Haines Creek