Facilities Technician II
At LSSC your success is our mission. We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
We are seeking a Facilities Technician II who shares our dedication to providing quality facilities care with close attention to detail. The Facilities Technician II will primarily be responsible for daily upkeep, maintenance, preventive maintenance planning, and repairs to the buildings and facilities of the South Lake (Clermont) campus, with occasional duty days at the Leesburg and Sumter (Sumterville) campuses to support other facilities projects. Candidates should have experience repairing and performing preventative maintenance on plumbing, lighting, doors and locks, a/c, and general appearance of buildings. The successful candidate will be responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, commitment to excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot and repair plumbing items such as faucets, toilets and water fountains. Change water filters.
- Replace burnt out light bulbs, outlets, switches and ballast. Troubleshoot tripped circuits and reset breakers once corrective action to prevent an overload of that circuit has been corrected.
- Patch and paint walls in order to maintain the appearance of LSSC. Must be willing to engage in remodeling and alteration projects being performed in house by LSSC facilities management department.
- Repair door and lock functions.
- Replace damaged ceiling tiles.
- Investigate and check A/C equipment and if unable to correct Hot or cold calls notify a LSSC A/C technician.
- Perform preventive maintenance/ safety inspections on college vehicles. Perform PM/ inspections on emergency light fixtures, fire extinguishers and life safety equipment.
- Update work orders in the LSSC system and update management of issues that prevent completion of assigned work orders.
- Participate in department meetings and complete all mandatory training.
- Rotate as on call technician for after hours unscheduled repairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Required: High
Preferred: Trade School certification.
EXPERIENCE: Required: Two (2) years relevant experience.
KNOLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Must have a mechanical/ maintenance background.
Ability to work safely with various hand and power tools.
Ability to work independently but also recognize situations that are not safe to perform by yourself and contact the supervisor for assistance.
Have a valid Florida drivers license
Ability to demonstrate LSSC Service Standards of Excellence. Respect, Competence, Responsiveness and Collaboration.
Facilities Management employees are required have a personal cell phone.