WEB DEVELOPER III
WEB DEVELOPER III
Posting Number: SRGV4932
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: IT Enterprise Systems
Scope of Job:
Responsible for writing complex web scripting, designing front-end templates, web graphics and other digital content strictly adhering to the standards and best practices established by the Division of Information Technology. Provide skills in advanced web scripting, information architecture, user experience, accessibility and usability in creating and maintaining UTPA'S web presence.
Description of Duties:
• Designs, develops and maintains web sites for the campus community using advanced authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools and digital media.
• Leads development on special projects and mentors other Web Developers on best practices.
• Develops and edits web page content, or direct others producing content, in the central web content management system including performing web site maintenance updates.
• Evaluates web code to ensure that it is accessible, valid, is properly structured, meets standards and is compatible with browsers, desktop and mobile devices, or operating systems
• Meets with customers to conceptualize and create designs that match technical and design requirements while fitting into the overall image of the University.
• Designs the user experience based on usability best practices and Divisional standards in order to provide intuitive navigation, clean layouts, fast page load times etc.
• Provides feedback to management or development teams when faced with conflicting priorities and identifies solutions to complex problems.
• Coordinates or develops test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
• Responds to support inquiries and coordinates with applicable departments within Information Technology to effectively provide support to the campus on website related issues.
• Develops and conducts training sessions and leads project coordination with staff in other areas.
• Performs or directs integrating video, animation, still images, text and audio into the graphical design of the web site.
• Maintains understanding of current graphic, web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned support staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Web Graphic Arts, or a related field from an accredited university.
Five (5) years of experience in web development.
Use of standard office equipment. Proficiency and hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash etc. and development using Cascading Style Sheets, HTML, XHTML. Strong design foundation including typography, composition and color theory, as well as preferred experience with photography. Knowledge of content management systems, templates and W3C standards. Demonstrated knowledge of current and upcoming web-design trends and techniques and cross-browser, cross-platform issues.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend/evening work is required.
Ability to multi-task, shift priorities easily and judge demands of multiple competing projects under tight deadline.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 03/05/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27637