Associate Dean of Liberal Arts & Education
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
The Associate Dean of Liberal Arts and Education provides district-wide leadership and administration of educational programs, faculty, and staff of the division. The incumbent works in tandem with other associate deans, directors, faculty, and advisory committees. Consults with the Vice President for Learning Services and appropriate staff to oversee the recruitment, development, and retention of full-time and associate faculty. Works closely with the Vice President for Learning Services on strategic planning, enrollment management, and issues pertaining to the effective delivery of instruction within the Learning Services Division. Has responsibility for district-wide administrative and instructional service delivery.
Serves students. Supervises the Liberal Arts and Education educational programs, faculty leads, director of CDLL, and administrative support. Provides administrative oversight for the division through long-range planning, leadership and vision, operational budgets and policies. Supervises Director of CDLL and provides guidance in the operations of the center.
Promotes a culture predicated on leadership development, student-success, data-driven decision making, programmatic excellence, and customer service. Encourages and promotes the highest quality of instruction, which includes working closely with the associate dean of instructional development and student support.
Oversees a comprehensive system of continuous improvement and programs' compliance with standards, rules and regulations set forth by the accrediting bodies of the division's programs. Partners with industry and universities to improve existing programs and develop new programs. Assist with planning, implementation, promotion, and administration of the division’s courses and programs.
Develops strategies for improved recruiting, marketing, and outreach for programs and works with appropriate college personnel to implement these strategies. Assists the Vice President for Learning Services with the development of new programs and initiatives aimed at increasing the college's programmatic scope and increasing enrollment.
Provides leadership in recruitment, retention, and development of high-quality faculty; Administers faculty appraisals in collaboration/coordination with the instructional deans, coordinators, and directors; conducts faculty, professional, and administrative staff appraisals for the division.
Assesses, develops, implements, and evaluates curriculum in cooperation with associate deans, faculty, and advisory committees. Ensures that it serves the student population and college objectives, advocating on behalf of programmatic offerings. Routinely reviews department/division web page on the AWC website ensuring accuracy in content and listed contact information.
Works with the other members of the instructional divisions in learning services and other areas to promote and ensure student success among all instructional programs. Work includes continuous improvement of programs through assessment and student-centric scheduling. Supervises lead faculty to facilitate assessment, scheduling, and staffing.
Oversees the professional development and sabbatical programs/procedures for faculty and instructional staff, coordinating policy and procedure with appropriate college departments and staff, including the associate dean of instructional quality and student support.
Consults with faculty members, associate deans and appropriate college personnel in assigning faculty to varied advisory committees. Plans, coordinates, and implements accreditation activities, including on-site reviews, with faculty and appropriate college departments.
Plans and implements the academic and grant budgets in cooperation with appropriate college departments, faculty, and Learning Services staff. Consults with VP of Learning Services for overall budget requirements and considerations, including faculty travel and programmatic equipment inventories.
Support and participate in strategic initiatives and perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution;
- Demonstrated passion for student-success;
- Minimum five years teaching experience at the college level, with curricula and course schedule development experience;
- Demonstrated administrative and budget experience;
- Demonstrated successful and effective leadership experience in higher education;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to relate well to diversified student and instructional staff;
- Demonstrated ability to use computer information systems for data collection, reporting, and analysis;
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college;
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution;
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in higher education
- Exempt position, 12 months, Monday-Thursday, 7:00am-5:00pm. May included some Fridays, evenings and weekends.
Position will close Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 5:00 pm MST. Review of applications begins on Monday, April 5, 2021. Position may re-open if a suitable candidate is not found.
ADDRESS INQUIRIES TO:
Arizona Western College
Phone: (928) 344-7505 / FAX: (928) 317-6001 / TTY: (928) 344-7629
The following materials must be uploaded at the time of application. Any materials submitted via e-mail, fax, or mail will not be accepted. Applications missing any of the below requirements will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
- Completed application - apply to the Associate Dean - Various Departments (Candidate Pool)
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages)
- Unofficial College/University transcripts
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Martinez Lake
- Academic Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Martinez Lake
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Martinez Lake
- Deans Administrative $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Martinez Lake