Associate Professor of Social Work
Tulane University’s School of Social Work (TSSW) invites applications for a 9-month tenured faculty appointment at the rank of Associate Professor to join our top tier faculty of 28 full time colleagues and over 20 Adjunct members of the team. The expected start date is July 1, 2021. The focus of this new hire is to cultivate and continue to grow the research efforts of the Tulane School of Social Work.
Tulane University is a Carnegie designated Research I institution, located within the vibrant city of New Orleans. The Tulane School of Social Work draws its strength from over 100 years of effective clinical training and powerful community work. The School of Social Work is expanding our research capacity and research infrastructure to support projects that make significant impacts in our communities. The successful candidate will add the School’s rich history and exceptional faculty in the dynamic and multicultural New Orleans area. This role will include research support and start-up funding to fortify our research mission as a Carnegie designee.
Candidates shall have an exceptional record of funded research, teaching, and service consistent with an appointment at the rank of Associate Professor with tenure. The TSSW is seeking candidates with expertise in any of the following areas: A) Clinical Behavioral Health, B) Substance Misuse, Addiction, and Mental Health C) Maternal, Child and Family Health, D) Behavioral Health Disparities and Health Equity, or E) Community-based Participatory Research. Candidates should have evidence of a strong foundation in federal level research and a funded active research program, scholarly publications in top-level journals, and strong skills in preparing research grant proposals for external funding (Federal, State, or foundations). Preference will be given towards candidates that have expertise in clinical data science which includes applied clinical research, data analysis, or program evaluation. The teaching opportunities will be within the Master of Social Work, Master of Science in Disaster Resilience Leadership, and Doctorate of Social Work. These programs of distinction are delivered in both an online and on-campus format.Qualifications
The following qualifications are PREFERRED only
- Earned doctorate in social work or in a relevant field (e.g., Psychology or Public Health).
- Strong record of external funding (federal-NIH, NSF, SAMHSA, HRSA, NIJ and/or foundations) including a current funded active research program
- Strong record of significant publications in high impact journals and recognized leadership in the field
- Strong track-record of mentoring faculty
- Evidence of multidisciplinary collaborations
- Top tier teaching history and successful mentoring of graduate students (MSW, MPH, PhD, DSW)
- If applicable, an MSW from an accredited CSWE program and license eligible is desirable
Interested persons should submit:
- A letter of application outlining qualifications and credentials
- Research strategy, list of currently funded projects, and a plan to secure future funding
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- A curriculum vita
- 3-5 sample publications
- Names of three references, including their emails.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Please submit all materials via the link
Questions should be addressed to the Search Committee Chair:
Dr. Susan Davies email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Other Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in New Orleans