Executive Director for Constituent Services & Engagement
Dakota State University invites applicants for an Executive Director for Constituent Services and Engagement. This position will report directly to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement. The successful candidate will be responsible for building and leading a robust donor relations and stewardship program and providing oversight of the alumni association.
1. Cultivate, build, and maintain strategic and collaborative relationships across campus and externally.
2. Create and implement a robust stewardship and donor relations program.
3. Maintain competitive knowledge of industry trajectories and standards in university advancement.
4. Lead and motivate a team in the areas of advancement services and constituent engagement.
5. Create and implement procedures and best practices for development and donor engagement.
6. Represent DSU and the DSU Foundation at various events and conferences.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to work independently or as a team.
2. Strong attention to detail.
3. Superior problem-solving ability.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills
5. Computer proficiency, with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
6. Strong organizational and time management skills
7. Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
8. Excellent relationship-building skills.
9. Demonstrate a high degree of initiative.
Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience in donor relations and stewardship.
Master’s degree with some higher education fundraising experience.
DSU only accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter, resume and supporting references to include addresses and telephone numbers of at least three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
DSU is committed to recruitment, hiring and retention of minorities. We urge individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.