Administrative Assistant - Counseling Center
Provide administrative and technical support to the Counseling Center by performing a wide variety of clerical functions to ensure the efficient operation of the Counseling Center. In collaboration with the Clinical Director of the Counseling program and the Counseling Department Chair, monitor department and program systems as outlined by accreditation requirements.
- Maintain hospitable, welcoming atmosphere while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Serve as main telephone and initial office contact for the Counseling Center.
- Provide information to students and refer students to appropriate university resources.
- Integrate the core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice, and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Maintain appointment calendar and meeting schedule for the Center's Director and Counselors.
- Organize and maintain correspondence and record files for the Counseling Center.
- Utilize computer software to produce professional documents, such as monthly and annual statistic reports.
- Place orders, submit bills, track expenditures and prepare financial reports for the Counseling Center.
- Update and revise Clinical handbooks and department descriptions ensuring compliance with University policies and current accreditation and licensing requirements.
- Conduct daily phone and computer communications to support Administrator/Chair and faculty needs. Proactively seek opportunities to support Administrator/Chair when completing assignments.
- Act as Content Manager for the clinical software system.
- Act as liaison to the Admin support for the School Dean on behalf of Counseling Center.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work as a team member within a diverse community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with other University departments and divisions. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail; demonstrate flexible and efficient time management.
- Organized, flexible, able to prioritize and to work on multiple tasks at the same time; able to problem solve independently and collaboratively; able to adjust to changes in program requirements; able to attend to detail and the "big picture" simultaneously.
- Flexibility in working in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and occasional emotionally-charged situations.
- One to five years experience as an administrative assistant or similar experience.
- Previous customer service experience and a sincere desire to assist students.
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written), organizational, and administrative skills.
- Ability to learn the current computing technologies including Jenzabar, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, databases, and minor web development utilizing Microsoft Office.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and EXCEL.
- Prefer experience in office management.
- Experience in health care and/or educational settings.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision and values.
For more information about diversity, equity and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit https://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.