Part-Time Specialist III, Events
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive, Conroe, TX 77384.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Special Events PT Specialist III, under the general supervision of the Special Events Coordinator, performs standard and some advanced administrative duties. Basic duties include greeting guests, receiving and logging information into the 25Live database and scheduling software, making copies, event preparation and mailings, answering routine questions and inquiries, and providing information and directions. This position is also responsible for providing support services to the LSC-MC Office of the President as well as the Office of Marketing and Communications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with faculty, staff and administrators to reserve space needed for departmental events
- Assist with event setup, management and cleanup of LSC-MC Presidential events
- Liaise between the college and external customers via phone and email
- Troubleshoot and resolve event related issues
- Assist with non-academic and special events room scheduling
- Schedule internal and external events and assign space as needed in 25Live
- Works with clients/facilities staff to ensure rooms are properly set up according to requirement
- Troubleshoots equipment problems. Escalates to OTS or Facilities when needed
- Anticipates the needs of meeting and event guests and executes requests in a timely manner
- Responds to each customers comments/complaint with great customer service and according to Office of Special Events procedure
- Assist students with using the research databases
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work under pressure, take directions, and be a team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible in a changing environment
- Understanding of the importance of a high level of customer service
- Working knowledge of general office computers and software applications
- Ability to learn new software packages, including 25Live reservation and registration software systems
- Requires a working knowledge of general office procedures and practices
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Working knowledge of, and the ability to enforce LSC-Montgomery and Office of Special Events general practices, policies and procedures
- Ability to working autonomously
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to efficiently multi-task, prioritize assignments, meet deadlines and solve routine problems
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, service-orientated environment
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED and 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Hourly Pay Rate is $13.19.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Conroe