Assistant Director for Campus Recreation and Fitness
Provide dynamic, hands-on leadership for campus recreation and fitness including programming for students, faculty/staff, and alumni. Duties:
- Manage the use of the Centennial Field House and other facilities used for campus recreation and fitness.
- Provide strategic planning and oversight for recreation and fitness programs and services that include campus intramural sports and recreation; and individual and group fitness classes/programming.
- Work closely with the Coordinator of Athletics and Recreation Facilities and the Director of Auxiliary Services for programming and scheduling of campus recreation and fitness facilities.
- Provide individual and group fitness assessments and develop fitness programs.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and lead co-ops, interns, and/or graduate assistants who conduct programming for intramural sports, group and individual fitness.
- Provide oversight for student and contracted staff including group fitness and class instructors, personal trainers, and interns.
- Develop and manage a budget for campus recreation and fitness facilities; and programs.
- Coordinate the review, purchase, and maintenance of equipment for campus recreation and fitness programs and facilities.
- Maintain accurate participant and program data and compile usage reports annually or as requested by the department Director.
- Develop, evaluate, and revise policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure a safe and effective environment, programming, and services.
- Work with the Manager of Sports Information and the Division of Marketing and Communication to plan, design, and distribute marketing pieces, website updates, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the academic departments, Committee on Wellness, Health and Safety, Human Resources, Student Engagement, and Leadership; Residence Life, Wellness Center, and the campus community in general.
- Manage and maintain excellent student, faculty/staff, alumni, and visitor services and relations.
- Develop and implement customer satisfaction surveys and make recommendations for continual improvement.
- Contributes to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed/other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree (Master's degree preferred) in health and fitness; physical education; recreation management; kinesiology/exercise science; health education/promotion; sport management; or closely related field. Experience: One year required, three years experience preferred and demonstrated ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion. Specialized Training: Certification from an accredited organization such as the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), American Fitness Association of America (AFAA), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASDM), or National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
Registered Collegiate Recreational Professional (RCRSP) and member of the National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) preferred.
Group fitness experience or certification preferred.
Certified in First Aid and CPR.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs. Skills/Attributes
- Exhibit a 'student first' orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations.
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students, faculty/staff, and alumni needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students', faculty/staff, and alumni needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel students towards the realization of full educational and fitness potential.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations.
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service operations
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment to liberal arts education.
- Collaborate well with others for a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, department, or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the department and other areas of the university as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking (if applicable)
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Multiple service hours including evenings and weekends as needed; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati