Faculty Social Worker-Behavioral Medicine (Sharpe Hospital) - 131
West Virginia University School of Medicine Department of Behavioral Medicine is recruiting a licensed clinical mental health provider qualified for appointment at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor rank in their Division of Public Sector Psychiatry at William R. Sharpe, Jr. Hospital . The successful candidate will be expected to practice in Weston, WV.
Duties: The successful candidate will practice in the area of social work and counseling. In addition to providing excellent patient care, the successful candidate will also be actively involved in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows. For appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank, it is expected that candidates sustain an outstanding, extramurally supported research program.
Qualifications: Successful candidates must have a Masters or Doctorate degree in related clinical areas from an approved program. For appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank, a demonstrated track-record of leadership, excellent communication skills, and publications in high-impact journals are required. Eligible candidates must have a West Virginia license as a LICSW or LPC by the time of appointment.
William R. Sharpe, Jr. Hospital is a 150-bed, fully-accredited state psychiatric hospital and winner of an APA state/university collaboration award. The hospital provides treatment of involuntarily committed adults with a variety of diagnoses and has a dynamic forensic psychiatry program. While the facility is operated by the state Department of Health and Human Resources, our professional staff (psychiatrists, psychologists, and clinical social workers) is employed as full-time faculty members of WVU School of Medicine, hired through the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry. Sharpe Hospital is an active training site for WVU Psychiatry residents, forensic fellows, and students of medicine and other disciplines. Clinical experience is enhanced by dedicated time for research and teaching. WVU faculty positions include regionally competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
WVU faculty positions include regionally competitive salaries and excellent benefits. William Sharpe Hospital is located just an hour south of Morgantown, WV, and is easily accessed from Interstate 79. Enjoy endless outdoor recreation, championship golfing, history, and arts and culture in this northcentral WV region.
The West Virginia University Health System, the state’s largest health system and largest private employer, is comprised of 11 hospitals throughout WV with the flagship academic medical center, West Virginia University/J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, located in Morgantown. The System also provides management services to five additional hospitals.
Build your legacy as you serve, teach, learn and make a difference from day one. To learn more, visit http://medicine.org/rni/ and apply online at http://wvumedicine.org/careers/ . For additional information, please contact Pam Furbee, Senior Physician Recruiter, at email@example.com .
WVU and UHA are AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
Notes To Applicants
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel
- Pediatrics Not specified Full Time jobs in Valley Chapel