Unified Communications Technician
DIVISION: Information Technology Services (ITS)
DEPARTMENT: ITS Infrastructure/Unified Communications
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Unified Communications Technician (UC Tech) is responsible for installing and maintaining voice and data infrastructure on our Cisco and Avaya networks.
- Assisting with the implementation and documentation of any
network devices to include, but not limited to;
- Wireless Access Points
- In-Line and out of Band Appliances
- Avaya UC Endpoints
- Other Network Equipment as needed
- Assisting in LAN related moves, additions, and changes;
maintaining accurate records of all maintenance, inventory, and
security measures using ITIL processes for voice and data
- Working with ITS team members to assess and solve
- Experience with Cisco IOS, Firewalls, VoIP, and VPNs
- Must possess a current entry level Cisco certification CCT or
UNUSUAL WORK CONDITIONS: Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid CT Driver License. Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, and be familiar with working in areas under construction.
EDUCATION: Associate degree in a related field and two (2) years of significant experience in the support of Cisco networks. (Education can be substituted on a one year to one-year basis in conjunction with significant experience in the field.)
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the installation and troubleshooting of voice, video end points. Must possess a working knowledge of SIP/IP/Digital/Analog communications technology. Must possess a working knowledge of Cisco IOS. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work as part of a larger team for the greater good of the University. Must possess an excellent customer service orientation toward staff and campus users. Must be a motivated self-starter, especially in the area of learning new hardware and technology.
Preferred Experience: Experience with HPE Aruba Mobility Manager and Aruba Airwave Controllers, Cisco ISE, and DNA Center, Avaya IP Office.
REPORTS TO: Director, Infrastructure Services
- To document, analyze, troubleshoot, install, maintain and
upgrade campus Communications systems including the Cisco data
network and Avaya voice systems.
- staying current with a variety of the field’s concepts,
- informing peers and Director of any changes in the field
- assist carriers with installing new voice, and data
- Assist with configurations for buildings and new offices
- responding to trouble calls from campus users
- troubleshooting via telephone, office visits or remote
- To be an active partner with our University Community.
- promoting an image of efficiency and courtesy throughout the
- community that is consistent with the ITS department’s goals
- attending seminars and related meetings to enhance knowledge
and communications skills.
- participating in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- To promote safe and secure working conditions.
- promoting the proper utilization of equipment and
- reporting any unsafe working conditions immediately to
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
ITS - Staff
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the "My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV. You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section. You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to upload or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Fairfield