Assistant Director of Admissions & Communications
Williams-Mystic is an award-winning study away semester offered by Williams College for undergraduates from around the country, inviting students from any accredited institution to join on an interdisciplinary adventure; a semester-long academic investigation of the sea accompanied by original research opportunities and travel throughout the United States. Located on the beautiful seaside grounds of the Mystic Seaport Museum in Mystic, CT, it is the coastal and ocean studies campus of Williams College. In its combination of hands-on learning, emphasis on applied research, and close faculty-student engagement, Williams-Mystic has built a reputation of outstanding teaching, scholarship, and academic excellence of its students. Williams-Mystic is engaged with some of the most urgent issues of our time, including climate change, environmental justice, and international trade. To learn more about current projects, visit https://mystic.williams.edu/
The college is pleased to announce two Assistant Director of Admissions openings at Williams-Mystic, one with a communications and social media focus and the other with an enrollment focus. Both positions are full-time (40-hours per week), year-round positions based in Mystic, CT. They will work closely with each other and have a broad range of responsibilities related to the recruitment, evaluation, selection, and admission of students.
Reporting to the Executive Director, both positions will be responsible for recruiting and building a talented, diverse, and global base of prospective students for the Williams-Mystic semester study-away program. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work on initiatives related to the recruitment of first-generation college students, low-income students, American students of color, and international students; and yielding a targeted number of matriculating students for each Fall and Spring semester. Our expectation is that successful candidates will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Set, communicate, and administer the overall admissions strategy for the organization.
- Read, analyze, and evaluate applicants in collaboration with study-away staff and Wiliams-Mystic Executive Director;
- Conduct virtual, on-campus and travel-based group information sessions and interviews year-round, counseling and advising students and parents about all aspects of Williams-Mystic;
- Serve as liaison between Williams-Mystic admission department and Williams College while working with the Registrar and Bursar’s office to oversee and manage the enrollment of Williams and non-Williams students in the Williams-Mystic program;
- Partner with other Assistant Director on managing student housing assignments, important enrollment paperwork, financial aid, payment tracking and more;
- Travel to Williamstown, MA 25% of time as part of initiatives to establish and maintain dynamic relationships with Williams College’s administration, faculty, students, and college organizations to keep abreast of current programs, policies, innovations, and long-range planning;
- Manage the concept, design, research, writing, editing, and yearly revision of all admission communications (digital and print);
- Oversee and manage all aspects of alumni involvement in the admission process including communicating with alumni, providing updates to Williams College for the alumni database, writing and distributing the annual e-magazine;
- Evaluate internal efficacy, practices, procedures, and policies on an ongoing basis, including weekly staff meetings, regular training, and retreats, evaluation and refinement of recruitment and assessment tools;
- Conduct approximately 30 college visits over three to four weeks of annual travel and work with the Assistant Director to set up semi-annual open house events in Mystic.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years experience in communications / social media or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in higher education is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate internally and externally, and cultivate strong relationships with faculty and colleagues
- Ability to interpret and apply evaluative tools
- Professional experience in undergraduate study-away/study-abroad, financial aid or registrar’s office, or higher and/or non-profit communications
- Ability to understand and maintain complete confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of the admission team
- Use of database technology, and excellence all strategic communication/presentation skills
Review of applications will begin on April 27 and continue until the position is filled. Pay starts at $45,000, commensurate with experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- International Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown