Safety Services Officer ( Eligibility List)
THIS POSITION IS POSTED TO ESTABLISH AN ELIGIBILITY LIST ONLY
Patrols university property to ensure compliance with university
policies, local, state, and federal laws and responds to emergency
calls to protect persons or property from crimes or other hazards.
May be assigned to any shift, which could include working holidays
and weekends. A 40 hour, 12 month position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Patrols university property, in a vehicle or on foot, to provide
security and traffic control.
2. Responds to emergency and non-emergency radio calls.
3. Provides assistance at scene of first aid incidents/accidents;
also take and write incident/accident reports, including those of
missing/stolen property and criminal activity.
4. Assists with conducting accident and crime investigations,
securing incident scenes, and preparing associated reports and
5. Provides escort services for visitors, students, staff, faculty,
and individuals, provides public assistance.
6. Provides building security, including locking and unlocking
7. Writes and files daily activity report with superior
8. Must possess a valid California driver license and a clean
9. Must possess a valid California Department of Consumer Affairs
Guard Registration Card at time of hire and maintain current
registration as a condition of continued employment.
10. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays, as well as day,
swing, and graveyard shifts.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Ability to work shift assignments as required by the
department, which may include working holidays and weekends.
- Ability to conduct crime deterrence and prevention
- Skill in completing accident and criminal investigations.
- Skill in providing protection services to individuals on
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, methods, and techniques in area
of security function.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Skill in building security and lock procedures.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
- Must be able to pass a speed and accuracy typing test at a rate
of twenty-five (25) words per minute or more, after adjustment for
- Ability to make judgment calls on sensitive, confidential
- A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic;
general office methods, procedures and practices.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties
of the position.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
- Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); and 3
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
REQUIRED CERFIFICATION / PERMITS :
Must possess the following at time of hire and maintain
certification and demonstrated proficiency as a condition of
— Valid California Drivers License and satisfactory driving
— Current California guard registration card and baton permit
issued by the California Department of Consumer Affairs.
— Current California O.C./Pepper spray certification issued by a
licensed training facility.
— Certification of training in the proper use of handcuffs issued
by a licensed training facility.
— Current First Aid and CPR / AED certification from American Red
Cross or American Heart Association.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- * Do you have a Valid California Drivers License?
- * Do you have a Current California guard registration card and
baton permit issued by the California Department of Consumer
- Cover Letter
- Other Document