KCOM - Technical Services Librarian
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking a Technical Services Librarian on the Kirksville, Missouri, campus. This positition reports to the Library Branch Manager at the Kirksville campus. This librarian is responsible for cataloging, digitizing, and other collection management duties in the care and preservation of diverse collections.
Major Job Duties
- Catalogs collections using the Library of Congress and National Library of Medicine cataloging and classification systems
- Assists with the management of the library’s electronic resources, mainly updating holdings in eBook and serials collection and their discoverability in the catalog, discovery layer, and other outlets.
- Helps train, evaluate, and guide staff on all campuses to ensure compliance with national and local standards such as MARC, RDA, AACR2r, LCSH, LCCS, OCLC, LC cataloging practices, and other appropriate cataloging and metadata standards
- Creates original catalog records for contribution to OCLC, maintains the accuracy of the library’s catalog records, enhances cataloging provided by other libraries and vendors, assists with authority control and the bulk loading of bibliographic records into the library catalog
- Works collaboratively with other librarians and paraprofessionals to manage access to collections and further initiatives of the A.T. Still Memorial Library
- Delivers high-level customer service, including answering questions, recommending resources, and providing instruction and/or educational sessions. Seeks new ways to improve efficiency and customer service.
- Participates in planning, implementing, and configuration of the integrated library system as it pertains to cataloging functions and public display
- Serves as library representative to the MOBIUS Avalon cluster (Sierra ILS)
- Plans and sets up exhibits, creates newsletter articles, and contributes to library LibGuides
- Runs monthly and weekly
- Maintains currency in knowledge of emerging trends, best practices, and technical skills to support new initiatives
- In conjunction with MOBIUS consortium, manages shared library systems by administering all aspects of the operation and configuration of the shared integrated library system, III’s Sierra including patron records, catalog entries, authority controls, and connections to outside discovery layers.
- Creates entry points to access print and electronic collections in ILS (MARC), AtoZ (KBART), and discovery layer.
- Maintains the library's Sierra ILS system within a consortia environment.
- Curates metadata files for export to external (ex OCLC) and internal partners.
- Provides reference services on an as needed basis at the Kirksville, Missouri, campus.
- Assists the Electronic Resources Librarian in technology related projects and trouble shooting when needed.
- Serves on library and university committees, as well as being active within professional library organizations.
Requirements and Preferences
- ALA accredited MLS degree required
- One - two years cataloging or tech services experience preferred
- Ability to work with people virtually required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products required
- Familiarity with library programs such as OCLC, a major ILS, Docline required
- Familiarity with networks, proxy services, and IP authentication systems required
- Proficiency using OCLC and performing original and copy cataloging in all formats preferred
- Familiarity and knowledge of cataloging and metadata standards, both existing and emerging such as AACR2, RDA, BIBFRAME, RDF, LC-PCC, LCRIs, LCC, MeSH, MARC21, CONSER, DC and Linked Data preferred
- Experience with Innovative's Sierra preferred
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville