Career Counselor 2 - (STA007000)
Provides career advising, career counseling, and job placement services to undergraduate and/or graduate students and alumni of a college. Coordinates career counseling activities and programs.
- Advises and counsels students regarding career selection, job searches and internships.
- Assists students with search techniques, resume preparation, interviewing strategies, networking and recruiting schedules.
- Conducts workshops and seminars concerning career preparation, interview skills and job search techniques.
- Coordinates with the office of University Career Planning and Placement and other on-campus and off-campus offices and organizations to provide students with varied resources and information.
- Coordinates the work of counseling staff and manages their on-going training and professional development.
- Manages and evaluates career counseling services and programs; prepares status reports; and recommends and implements improvements to services.
- Implements, manages and evaluates systems and resources used to provide counseling services.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
STEM Career Counselor position will help support the following:
- Students in three colleges: Engineering, NSM, and Technology, totaling over 14,000 student caseload.
- Create and lead career path and educational programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math majors including diverse and first gen programs, women and STEM
- Coordinate and provide support to two college based career centers Engineering and Technology. Support is virtual and includes resume workshops, resume reviews, and drop hours hosted by the respective colleges
- Virtual career services and programs hosted by University Career Services during the pandemic
- Marketing and Communications efforts to promote all career programs to students using social media. Additionally, create and design flyers and marketing campaigns to support the needs of the team, and executive director.
- Additional duties include career counselor workshops, student appointments, collaborations with campus partners, career programs and student promotion for career fair.
Notes to Applicant: LSmith82463