Adjunct Machine Tool - Iron Mountain
Adjunct Machine Tool - Iron Mountain
Dependent upon course schedule
Bay de Noc Community College is a student-focused, multi-campus institution serving the higher education needs of the south-central Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The College is an accredited institution committed to continuous quality improvement. Bay College takes pride in providing a quality education to transfer and occupational students at two campuses, online, and at other course delivery sites.
Bay de Noc Community College is seeking qualified applicants to teach Machine Tool courses on campus in Iron Mountain, MI. Instructors are responsible for establishing and promoting an effective learning environment to maximize student learning. Instructors may be assigned to teach introductory and general courses in traditional classroom/labs, hybrid, or online settings as needed.
- Associate's Degree in a machine tool-related field
- Minimum of two years of relevant industrial or apprenticeship experience in machine tool
- Mathematical skills sufficient to apply fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Commitment to quality instruction in a learner-centered environment with the goal of consistently improving student success
- Commitment to the community college mission and philosophy
- Ability to provide diverse learning experiences to diverse student populations
- Demonstrated skill in effective written and oral communications
- Demonstrated literacy in information technology and computer use
- Bachelor's degree or higher in machine tool-related field.
- Experience in teaching machine tool courses, or those of a related technology, at the secondary, postsecondary, industrial, or apprenticeship level
- Experience with active and collaborative learning strategies
- Online teaching certification
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct Machine Tool courses offered at Bay College West on campus. Opportunities may be available to teach other courses as qualified and needed, however.
- Facilitate student learning through the following activities:
a. Develop course syllabi that share with students the expectations, standards, policies, and learning objectives of the course.
b. contribute to the development and delivery of assessments of course and program learning outcomes.
c. Recognize and respond to different student learning styles and needs.
d. Develop and use supplementary learning materials, resources, and technology.
e. Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Adhere to the ethical standards of the college, the State of Michigan, the Higher Learning Commission, FERPA and other education regulations, and the Business profession.
- Provide for a safe and orderly lab environment and instruct students in the principles and practices of safety.
- Be willing to do basic repair on shop equipment.
- Maintain, plan, and acquire needed equipment and supplies.
- Stay abreast of developments in the field of machine tool and teaching by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional development opportunities.
- Communicate with students, colleagues, and other stakeholders in a professional manner through the use of telephone, email, video conference, mail, and/or face-to-face communication.
- Work with lab assistants, learning assistants, or student workers as needed.
- Participate in professional activities such as, but not limited to, curriculum planning, syllabus writing, examination development, textbook selection, program revision, online teaching certification, and outcome assessment.
- Any other duties as assigned
Contributions into the Michigan Public School Employees Retirement System and a YMCA membership
According to the Part-Time Faculty Contract ($596-$672 per contact hour)
Pay Grade Level:
Reports to the Dean of Business, Technology and Workforce Development
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud in areas of equipment operation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned into this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. Job related functions may be performed with or without accommodations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Open Until Filled
Required Applicant Documents:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Upon hire, the employee must supply Bay College with a copy of their official transcript(s)
Beth Berube, Director of Human Resources
Melissa VanBrocklin, Human Resources Specialist
Quicklink for Posting:
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Instructional Technology & Design Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Vocational & Technical Fields Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba