Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Game Design (CGD)
George Mason University, Korea, invites applications for a fulltime position in Computer Game Design at the assistant or associate rank beginning Fall semester, 2021 (late August). Candidates should have expertise in game programming and development, must possess a master’s degree or equivalent professional experience and be knowledgeable about all facets of the game design field, including technical, managerial and artistic advances. Significant professional and industry experience in computer game design is a plus. They must be prepared to teach introductory and intermediate courses in computer game design, especially in the area of game programming. Competitive candidates will have a proven track record of excellence in teaching and/or industry experience. They will also demonstrate the capacity to help develop the track in game design and programming in the Computer Game Design Program.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This is a full-time, non-tenure track position. The compensation package is competitive, and all international hires include support for relocation expenses, furnished housing, home leave allowance, health insurance in Korea’s excellent health care system, and dependent tuition benefit. The expected term is two years, with further opportunity for renewal and multi-year contracts.
- Experienced and knowledgeable about all facets of the game design and game programming field, including technical, managerial and artistic advances; current research (traditional and applied); and industry developments.
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience (minimum 5 years).
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with and teaching all primary game design, production, and management software applications, engines, and tools, as well as related hardware.
- Expertise using current professional game engines, editors and project management software.
- Knowledge of multi-platform game production and publication.
- Knowledge of C# and C++.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proven critical thinking, problem-solving and judgment skills.
- Ability to successfully interact with the industry business and governmental communities.
- Possesses an approach that fosters a respectful workplace environment.
- Has a demonstrated commitment and ability to work collaboratively within a complex work environment.
- Publications of major entertainment or serious games and two years of higher education teaching in the subject matter area.
- Applicable experience (minimum of five years is desired) in the industry.
- Terminal degree in game-related discipline.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents to University hiring site(https://masonkorea.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=50).
- A cover letter that explains your interest in the position and highlights your teaching, research, and any other relevant experience;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- At least three references with full contact information. References will not be contacted without consent from applicants.
Applications received on or before March 25, 2021 will be guaranteed full review. The start date for the position is August 16, 2021.
About George Mason Korea
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. It is among the 115 or so top “R1” ranked research universities in the US and in the top 200 of the Shanghai World Ranking of Universities. A public university located in Fairfax Virginia, George Mason is the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs.
George Mason, Korea, is George Mason’s international branch campus in Songdo, South Korea. Mason Korea was established as part of George Mason University’s commitment to education on a global scale and its belief in the power of international perspective and connection. Mason Korea is located on the Incheon Global Campus (IGC), which it shares with three other international branch campuses. Mason Korea students, staff, and faculty have access to modern facilities and resources on the IGC for a terrific living and work environment. Songdo, South Korea is a modern “smart” city designed from the start with large parks, plentiful walking and bike paths, and excellent public transportation. Songdo is convenient to Korea’s Incheon International Airport—around a half hour by car—as well as to the capital city of Seoul—around an hour by car.
Further information on Mason Korea can be found at: http://masonkorea.gmu.edu/.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Arts Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Design & Graphic Arts Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea
- Computer Sciences & Technology Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Korea