Director of Contracts and Compliance
ACTFL has an immediate opening for a Director of Contracts and Compliance. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Contracts and Compliance is responsible for developing, managing, and administering Government contracts and subcontract agreements of varying size and complexity. The Director of Contracts and Compliance oversees contract administration and ensures compliance with ACTFL policies and procedures, applicable federal rules and regulations, and ethical standards. The Director of Contracts and Compliance leads and manages the contracts team.
- Provides day-to-day direction to and manages the Contracts and Compliance staff, including four (4) direct reports.
- Plans and oversees lead contract negotiations, maintain
contract data requirements and deliverables to ensure contractual
actions, including proposals, are delivered on time.
- The primary focus will be providing contract analysis and review of RFPs and other competitive government contract proposals, including FFP, T&M, all Cost-type contracts, etc.
- Subcontract management, including subcontracts, teaming agreements and non-disclosure agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other agreement tools consistent with ACTFL and client regulations
- Prepares and negotiates subcontract agreements, including flow-down of prime-contract clauses
- Meet business and contract objectives with the contract terms and ACTFL’s and client regulations (e.g., SAM.gov, service contractor reporting, GSA schedule reporting, FSRS, ESRS, CPARS, etc.)
- Participate in the annual ACTFL Convention (November).
- Serve as a member of the ACTFL leadership team.
- M.A. or equivalent or doctoral degree in language education, applied linguistics, testing and assessment or related field
- Proficiency in one or more world languages required
- Must be a Certified ILR OPI Tester
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills
- Experience working with Government agencies, including DHS, DoEd, and DoD, as well as prime government contractors
- Must have a strong background and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), GSA Schedules and other associated supplemental contracting regulations, e.g., DFARS, FFP, Cost Reimbursement, Time, and Materials, Teaming Agreements and Nondisclosure Agreements
Due to the unique situation surrounding COVID-19, the Director of Contracts and Compliance will initially work-from-home. After ACTFL’s office reopens (target mid-2021), staff will return to the office on a staggered schedule.
ACTFL offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits packages, which includes:
- Flexible work schedule
- Dental – 100% Premium covered by the employer
- Vision - 100% Premium covered by the employer
- Employer-paid short- and long-term disability
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- 401K with company match (after six months of employment)
- 12 paid holidays, in addition to a week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Flexible Spending Account (FSAs)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits
- Free Parking
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, and Legal Services.
ACTFL is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all regardless of race, gender, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law.