Associate Vice President of Continuing & Professional Education
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Associate Vice President of Continuing & Professional Education position within the Continuing & Professional Education (“CAPE”) program.
The Associate Vice President of Continuing & Professional Education provides innovative and administrative leadership to the University of St. Thomas Continuing & Professional Education (“CAPE”) program, effectively seeking ways to collaborate with key stakeholders inside and outside of the university to grow this strategic priority. The AVP promotes excellence in providing dynamic professional development and continuing education programs to meet the needs of an ever-changing workforce through quality programming. The person will lead the ongoing development of the vision, mission, and goals of CAPE, integrate the strategic plans of CAPE with those of the University, and effectively communicate the vision and goals to constituencies within and external to St. Thomas.
The Associate Vice President of Continuing & Professional Education will report directly to the Provost and Executive Vice President and collaborate closely with University Advancement, the deans of the St. Thomas academic colleges, members of the St. Thomas community, our extensive alumni network, and internal and external experts.
- The AVP will lead the effort to develop exciting new opportunities for professional advancement, traditional continuing education offerings, interdisciplinary offerings in rapidly developing fields of regional, national, and global interest, and cutting-edge credentials in areas of interest to industry and business partners. St. Thomas is already known and well-respected in the region, and this newly increased emphasis on continuing education will further improve its visibility regionally and nationally.
- The AVP will work closely with internal partners, including University Advancement and the colleges and schools to identify partnerships and advance relationships through mutually beneficial CAPE opportunities to grow the impact and visibility of St. Thomas. As St. Thomas seeks to become the partner of choice in our community, CAPE will collaborate with leaders across industries to build relevant offerings that benefit students, external organizations, alumni, and other members of the community.
- Lead the effort to collaborate with faculty, staff and other key stakeholders to articulate and implement a vision, mission, and strategic goals for CAPE; integrate the strategic plans of CAPE with those of the University; advocate for and drive strategies aimed at achieving the vision for CAPE; engage in strategic planning from inception to implementation establishes specific, measurable goals and other performance expectations; effectively oversee the staff, programs and activities within CAPE and promote pedagogical excellence and innovation; oversee development and effective utilization of human and financial resources; create and set revenue goals; participate in budgeting; lead a highly agile, diverse, and collaborative team to successfully build course offerings that are unique to CAPE in their quality and caliber.
- Effectively communicate to wide audience of students, faculty, University administrators, alumni, community members and potential benefactors about CAPE and the exceptional curriculum it offers; implement a marketing vision and strategy in collaboration with internal departments and colleges.
- Master’s degree in business or a related field
- Seven years of progressive experience in program administration to include experience with networking, fundraising, and/or sales
- Must have knowledge of the training and development field with a clear understanding of adult learning principles, be comfortable managing and leading teams, and navigating in virtual environments
- Familiarity or prior work experience in an educational setting or institution
- High level of success in educational sales
- Experience with established and upcoming educational technologies
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Administration & Leadership Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Teacher Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Paul