Director of Enterprise Applications
Reporting to the Vice President for Business and Finance, the Director of Enterprise Applications leads the management of the university's Colleague Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, serves as the resource manager for all systems integrations, provides for oversight management of all operational enterprise applications and legacy interfaces, and supervises three staff supporting the ERP. While on-site working is preferred, this position is remote possible with quarterly visits to campus required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, administers, evaluates and works with administrative offices on the testing of Colleague software update (patches) delivered by Ellucian to fix issues and enhance functionality.
- Works with Enterprise Applications team and data owners to enhance data integrity and improve reporting capabilities.
- Leads the implementation of new Colleague modules and integrations with systems external to Colleague (On-Premise and Cloud SaaS).
- Serves as an effective project and resource manager that can articulate project demands and recommend priorities to functional users, groups and committees.
- Improves data integration among information systems to improve data integrity and support report development.
- Manages a team of three support positions: database administration, Business Intelligence, and Colleague analyst.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with five to ten years related experience. (Master's degree preferred)
- Hands-on technical experience with maintaining Ellucian's Colleague, running on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ability to work closely within the IT department to assist the IT team members in building various technology solutions and integrations for specific business functions with the university's enterprise.
- Organizational skills, ability to work with staff, faculty, and administration at all skill and management levels.
- Excellent professional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Capital University is committed to increasing the diversity of the Capital community and curriculum. This commitment includes Capital's dedication to the development of faculty and staff who are committed to inclusive practices in teaching, learning, working and all other campus and community interactions. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.
For more information on Capital University, visit our website at www.capital.edu.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer, and supports a diverse and inclusive campus community. Capital University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by the law.