Instructor of English
Albright College’s Department of English seeks applications for multiple full-time non-tenure-track faculty positions to teach first-year writing. These positions are part of the College’s commitment to create a writing program taught entirely by full-time instructors. Successful candidates will be appointed at the Instructor or Lecturer levels dependent upon qualifications. These are full-time positions with one-year contracts that are renewable based upon evaluation; after some years, one promotion step and multi-year contracts are available. Successful candidates will teach a 3/3 in our two-semester first-year composition sequence and will participate in service and institutionally funded research / professional development. Albright College is a small liberal-arts college that offers a challenging curriculum to a very diverse student body. The College is consistently named as a top performer in social mobility and in return on investment.
1. MA in English, Rhetoric and Writing Studies, or a closely related field
2. Record of excellence in and commitment to teaching first-year composition
3. Demonstrated commitment to enhancing equity and inclusion, sensitivity to the needs of culturally diverse and marginalized groups, and working with students holding a range of worldviews
1. PhD in English, Rhetoric and Writing Studies, or a close related field; or MFA in creative writing
2. Experience with in-person and technologically enhanced teaching
3. Evidence of positive contributions to team projects and working environments
Review of applications for this position will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should complete an application by clicking “Apply Now”. Albright offers a competitive benefits package, which includes tuition remission.
Candidates should submit the following materials in a single PDF
1. Cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Writing sample from the genre of the candidate’s choice
4. A one to two paragraph statement that explains how you can support Albright College’s Inclusivity and Equity Statement (https://www.albright.edu/about-albright/albright-college-core-values-mission-and-vision).
For further information, contact the Director of Writing, Dr. Lesley Goodman, email@example.com.
As the oldest institution of higher learning in Berks County, Albright College has a long history of educating students of academic promise. Founded in 1856, Albright College is a diverse community of learners cultivating integrity, curiosity, connection, and resilience. The college’s flexible curriculum encourages students to combine and cross majors to create individualized academic programs. Close faculty mentorship and numerous experiential learning options create opportunities for Albright graduates to exceed their own expectations. Nationally ranked as a top performer for social mobility, Albright is proud of its wide cultural and economic diversity. Students learn to relate to people from different backgrounds, develop greater self-awareness, and gain a panoramic perspective of the world in order to view problems from multiple perspectives. The experience is valuable to students preparing to enter today’s global workplace, where differences in backgrounds and perspectives are the norm.
Albright College is a liberal arts institution with approximately 1750 students, located within an hour of Philadelphia and three hours of New York, Baltimore and Washington, DC. Additional information about Albright College is available at www.albright.edu.
At Albright, we believe our differences make us stronger and empower us to better understand and respect one another in a just and fair manner. With this in mind, the College recruits, houses, educates, employs, supports, and generally celebrates people of all statuses, identities, and backgrounds, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, religious or spiritual identity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, veteran status, political affiliation, and physical and mental ability. Albright College is an EEO employer and, as stated above, is actively committed to inclusivity within its community. In pursuit of that, we actively encourage diversity in all dimensions among applicants for this position. Additional information about Albright College is available at www.albright.edu.