Vice President of Student Engagement and Programs
The Vice President for Student Engagement and Programs serves as the chief conduct/judicial affairs officer for the University. This position reports to the Senior Vice President for Student Success and serves as a key member of the Senior Vice President's leadership team. The Vice President for Student Engagement and Programs will develop, deliver, and manage co-curricular programs and activities that support student success, retention, and graduation as part of an integrated approach to student success. The Vice President of Student Engagement and Programs will provide administrative oversight to the following areas: Dean of Students Office, Student Center, Mandatory Student Activity Fee Committee, Judicial Affairs, Programs, and Student Life, Student Media, Student Assistance, International Student and Scholar Services, Multicultural Affairs, New Student Orientation, Student Health Clinic, the Counseling Center, Testing, Access and Accommodations, Integrated Health, and Recreational Services. In addition, to working collaboratively with a broad range of faculty, staff, and administrators within the University community, this position will utilize ongoing assessment plans and data results to create, enhance and modify programming to fit the student body's needs. Some of the duties associated with this position are:
- Coordinate and enhance co-curricular and extra-curricular engagement to promote positive student success and student development outcomes
- Review, update, and implement the Student Code of Conduct in collaboration with appropriate faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide direction and compliance with federal and state regulations, including Title IX, and special initiatives related to student well-being.
- Develop policies and procedures that apply to student programming and oversee the development of policies supporting Health and Wellness.
- Develop and sustain a structured plan and process for student crisis response and management, to include a communication plan for students, parents, faculty, staff, and administrators. Serve on the University’s Emergency Response Team and provide 24-hour on-call response for emergencies and crisis situations.
- Provide budgetary oversight for all offices within Student Engagement and Programs, in excess of $6M.
- Serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet, lead division and university stakeholder meetings, serve on national, regional, and University committees.
- Ph.D. from an accredited residential program in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel, or related field.
- Seven or more years of progressively responsible administrative experience at the level of a department head or higher, including grand development; supervision of professional staff; and experience in budget administration involving multiple funding sources.
- Experience administering university-wide judicial functions in a higher education setting
- Evidence of experience creating new programs.
- Experience working in a highly diverse campus environment.
- Experience working at a large, urban public university.
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience supervising multiple departments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of success in developing programs and services that engage students of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Experience conducting ongoing assessment plans.
To be fully considered for this position all candidates at the time of submission must provide the following documents that clearly provide proof of education and relevant experience,
- A complete and accurate GSU application
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references