Director of Wellness
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide organization, management and supervision of departmental staff, programmatic initiatives, operational initiatives and programs, and management systems and functions for the Wellness Department.
• Supervise all Wellness staff which consists of counselors, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, a medical assistant, and an administrative assistant. Track staff licensure requirements and conduct regular staff meetings.
• Assist in the development and implementation of strategies in response to major health events, such as the COVID-19 pandemic. This may include: Supervision of Infectious Disease Clinic and associated personnel, Researching best practices through consultation with colleagues at other institutions, local, state and federal experts, Establish and execute protocols for overall support of the Husson community, including contact tracing, testing, vaccination, and records management.
• Participate with an Administrator On-Call (AOC) rotation.
• Collect and deliver accurate and systematic compliance stats for student immunizations and vaccinations.
• Collaborates with other departments and offices to proactively respond to disease control & prevention, student wellness concerns or health initiatives. This may include Athletics, Residence Life, Safety & Security, College of Health & Pharmacy, the Title IX Office and the Health & Safety Task Force.
• Interviews, hires and trains the Wellness Team and conducts performance evaluations.
• Manage operational and capital budgets for Health Services and Counseling Services.
• Provide proficient use of technology including the University Student Information System (SIS), health/counseling electronic record keeping systems, departmental web and social media sites. And assists in the management, development and training of the technology.
• Ensure patient satisfaction, including troubleshooting and developing process improvements.
• Supervision of patient/staff scheduling, data entry/processing, supplies/equipment ordering and medical records/EMR system.
• Work closely with Student Accounts with the selection and publicizing of the Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP).
• Support the Student of Concern (SOC) threat assessment, Campus Safety Committee and/or the Sexual Assault Prevention & Awareness Committees.
• Serve as the facility manager of the Wellness Center. Work collaboratively with Auxiliary Services and the Nursing Program regarding the utilization and overall facility management of the Wellness Learning Building.
• Articulate and develop student assessment and retention strategies.
• Develop, review, implement, and distribute policies, procedures, and protocols for efficient operation of University Wellness Center to remain in compliance with university policies and state and federal regulations
• Develops and evaluates university policies and procedures related to student services.
• Assist with special projects and committees (Admissions Events, New Student Orientation, Health & Safety Task Force, Welcome Weekend and Commencement.)
• Bachelor's Degree in Health Care, Business Administration, Public Health, Counseling, Social Work, College Student Personnel, Higher Education or related field required.
• Master's Degree preferred.
• 3 – 5 years of progressive professional health, medical, counseling or wellness work experience.
• Demonstrated organizational and leadership abilities with direct experience supervising professional staff members.