Financial Aid Officer
The office will be in St. Louis Campus, will support remotely Financial Aid Office Ponce Campus .
- Bachelor from a recognized university preferred; minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, COD, NSLDS, MS Excel
- High proficiency in all areas of Title IV programs, including but not limited to Direct Loan, Pell Grant and Work study.
- Experience with powerFAIDS software preferred
- Excellent analytical, public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong written and customer service communication skills.
- Experience in higher education; university environment.
- Experience with resolving conflict and barriers in a strategic and diplomatic manner.
- Availability to work Monday through Friday and nonstandard hours and weekends if needed.
- All functions will be performed in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations and institutional policies.
- Review financial aid applications for accuracy of income and asset data, make corrections as needed, perform need analysis and, using professional judgment and knowledge of federal and state regulations, and institutional guidelines, determine eligibility and award federal, state, and institutional aid.
- Ensure timely processing of all student financial aid applications for loans or any other aid programs.
- Ensure eligibility; attendance, academic progress and any other requirements; are met for all students before authorizing payment of the Title IV.
- Annually help in the preparation of student financial aid budgets, and help in the configuration of academic year in the system, such as loan periods, disbursements dates per program and per student level.
- Perform drop calculations (R2T4) within the required terms to ensure refunds are executed within federal parameters.
- Maintain records of scholarships and financial aid granted in accordance with federal and state policies and institutional guidelines and prepare periodic reports/forms, as directed.
- Assist with the reconciliation of Title IV disbursements and the G5 drawdowns.
- Collaborate with external audits.
- Provides information, in person, phone, Zoom and via webinars to prospective students, and families regarding available financial aid opportunities, eligibility requirements, and the application process for student financial aid.
- Conducts workshops and/or presentations and orientations to all students, parents, and/or other interested parties on financial aid policy and procedural issues in accordance with university, state, federal, and other agency guidelines.
- Contacts admitted students who have applied for financial aid to obtain all needed documentation
- Coordinates with the main campus financial aid office and registrar for all certifications, tuition updates, scholarships, work-study programs, and installment plans. Serves as liaison with main campus in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational issues.
- Oversees the collection, management, and reporting of data in accordance with the objectives of the position.
- Collaborate in the development of Financial Aid policies, publications, manuals and forms.
- When required, prepare accurate and timely financial aid reports for management, for USDOE and other federal and local government agencies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.