Associate Director of Development
We are looking for a mid-career, fundraising professional to grow operational dollars (current and multi-year commitments) for the Stephens Fund. You will join the Advancement team in the Office of Engagement. This is a team of strong, seasoned professionals with decades of experience in annual fundraising, major gift fundraising, volunteer management, and events. In the last two years, the team has significantly increased dollars raised with a focus on operational dollars and recurring gift fundraising.
As a development officer, you will be responsible for a personal portfolio of prospects/donors as well as recruiting and managing fundraising volunteers who actively engage in annual fundraising efforts on behalf of Stephens College. Personal outreach and dollars raised goals are part of the individual fundraising work of this position. You will also manage a fundraising committee comprised of alumni, friends, and parents of Stephens College. Annual fundraising goals associated with Stephens Fund donors and dollars is part of this role.
- Manage a portfolio of Stephens Fund prospects and donors; renew, increase, and secure annual and multiyear commitments to grow the Stephens Fund.
- Develop a one-, three- and five-year plan which outlines broad, annual objectives, goals, and tactics to grow the Stephens Fund.
- Develop a fundraising corps, with sustainable structure and practices to build constituent ownership of the Stephens Fund.
- Personally, recruit fundraising corps, staff and support volunteer structure with toolkits, training, and reporting mechanisms.
- Celebrate volunteer accomplishments and elevate interaction with the college.
- Serve as an integral member of the Advancement team establishing a base of support and managing relationships up as donor interest and capacity grows beyond the opportunity presented through an investment in the Stephens Fund.
- 5+ years of direct fundraising and/or fund development experience. Higher education experience preferred. Previous private school experience helpful.
- Proven experience managing and developing fundraising volunteer structures.
- 2+ years of experience in personal volunteering preferred.
- Immediate competency with Excel/MS Office/Outlook and quick onboarding of new CRM.
- Team player with excellent time-management skills.
- Positive attitude, great interpersonal and communication skills.
- BS/BA in business administration, event and convention management, human resources, communication, or related field.
Stephens College offers excellent benefits, including vacation/holiday/sick pay, health/dental/life insurance, tuition waiver and College retirement plan.
About Stephens College:
Since its founding in 1833, Stephens has been offering innovative, career-focused programs grounded in the liberal arts with a focus on creative arts and health sciences. It is the second-oldest female educational establishment that is still a women's college in the United States. Stephen’s is proudly located in Columbia, Missouri, home to a flagship public university and two private colleges. The faculty take a hands-on, experiential approach to education, making sure students get both quality classroom instruction and external work experiences that complement their coursework. Graduates are prepared to become leaders and innovators in a rapidly changing world. Stephens also provides graduate, online, and certificate programs to women and men as part of its commitment to lifelong learning. The College community prides itself on fostering a close-knit faculty atmosphere and providing a welcoming, learning-centered environment for all students. The learning community is distinguished by small classes, close engagement with faculty, intellectual rigor, and vibrant programs of study that reflect the College’s mission: Learn. Grow. Lead. Stephens College contributes to the vibrant social and cultural climate that makes Columbia, Missouri such a desirable place to live. Columbia was rated #33 in the Top 100 Best Places to Live as rated by livability.com, and the #21 Best City to Live in America by niche.com.