Assistant Professor - Biostatistics
The Department of Biostatistics within the School of Public Health at the University of Washington (UW) is a leading center of excellence for the development and application of statistical methods and theory in health sciences. It has longstanding partnerships with many local research institutes and with the Department of Statistics, with which it shares core courses in its rigorous training programs. More information can be found at https://www.biostat.washington.edu/about.
The Department of Biostatistics invites applications for two faculty positions at the rank of Assistant Professor (tenure-track). These are full time (100% FTE), 12-month service period positions with an anticipated start date of Fall 2021. Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
- develop and maintain a high-impact statistical research program supported by external grants;
- participate in collaborative research with members of the Department, its partners and/or the greater scientific community;
- provide educational leadership in the Department’s teaching program, including formal classroom teaching and mentoring of student research, with emphasis on innovative pedagogy and attention to equity, diversity and inclusion;
- contribute to the departmental community by engaging in seminars and other departmental outreach activities including serving on key committees;
- actively promote diversity, equity and inclusion in the Department and the field of biostatistics;
- play an active role in Department, School and/or University governance (and eventually leadership).
The Department recognizes that health disparities stem from inequity, and encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff, faculty, and students including, but not limited to, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, culture, geography, spiritual practice, mental and physical disability, and age. It strives to develop and maintain increased representation and recognition of each dimension of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. The department has an active Equity, Diversity and Inclusion committee. A summary of the mission and the activities of that committee can be found online (www.biostat.washington.edu/about/diversity).
The UW School of Public Health is also committed to fostering a diverse academic community. Diversity, equity and inclusion are considered essential to its mission. Applications from faculty with demonstrated research, training and service experience in this area are welcome. More information is available online (http://sph.washington.edu/diversity/).Qualifications
Candidates must have a PhD (or foreign equivalent) in biostatistics, statistics, or a related field. Research areas of interest include but are not limited to: imaging, functional data analysis, and clinical trials. Candidates must also have a record of or strong potential for high-quality research, teaching, and independent funding.Application Instructions
All applicants are asked to submit:
- a cover letter describing what you see as your future potential contribution (e.g., scientific leadership, pedagogy, diversity) to the discipline and Department;
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae detailing publication, teaching and (if applicable) funding history;
- a statement describing demonstrated commitment and activity in support of diversity, equity and inclusion;
- three (3) letters of recommendation.
Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2020, continuing until positions are filled. Submitting all required documents by December 1, 2020 is strongly encouraged for full consideration.
CONTACT INFORMATION. For questions, please contact the Biostatistics HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Commitment to Diversity
The University of Washington is committed to building diversity among its faculty, librarian, staff, and student communities, and articulates that commitment in the UW Diversity Blueprint (http://www.washington.edu/diversity/diversity-blueprint/). Additionally, the University’s Faculty Code recognizes faculty efforts in research, teaching and/or service that address diversity and equal opportunity as important contributions to a faculty member’s academic profile and responsibilities (https://www.washington.edu/admin/rules/policies/FCG/FCCH24.html#2432).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Seattle