Lecturer in Spanish
Lecturer in Spanish
The Department of Spanish, Italian and Portuguese at the University of Virginia seeks applications to fill lecturer positions in Spanish on the Academic General Faculty track to begin on August 25, 2021. Subject areas of particular need include, but are not limited to, teaching language and culture undergraduate courses in Spanish. The core responsibilities of this position include teaching six courses per year, three each during the fall and spring terms, and active contribution to departmental service and to the vitality of the language program.
An M.A. (or equivalent) in Spanish, applied linguistics, or a closely related field at the time of application is required. A minimum of four semesters of teaching experience (after completion of the graduate degree) at the college or university level in the U.S. is required. Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish and English is also required.
This is a three-year, tenure-ineligible appointment with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon available funding, satisfactory performance, and need for the position.
Apply online at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs search for posting R0022112 (or through Workday for internal applicants), complete the application, and attach the following:
(1) cover letter that includes:
- a brief statement of your credentials,
- relevant past experience,
- reason for applying.
(2) current CV
(3) statement of teaching philosophy (maximum 2 pages)
(4) statement of diversity that addresses past experience working on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and/or working with diverse populations (1-2 pages)
(5) contact information for three professional references.
*** Please note that ALL REQUESTED documents MUST be uploaded in the cv/resume box, and you can combine documents into one PDF. ***
**Applications that do not have all the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
Review of applications will begin March 15, 2021 and, the search will remain open until filled.
Questions about this position should be directed to Dr. Emily Scida, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the application process should be directed to: Nicole Robinson, Faculty Search Advisor at email@example.com.
The University will perform background checks on all new faculty hires prior to making a final offer of employment.
UVA assists faculty spouses and partners seeking employment in the Charlottesville area. To learn more please visit https://dualcareer.virginia.edu. For more information about UVA and the Charlottesville community please see http://www.virginia.edu/life/charlottesville and https://embarkcva.com/
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charlottesville
- Humanities Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charlottesville
- Foreign Languages & Literatures Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Charlottesville