Graduate Residence Coordinator
Notre Dame of Maryland University is seeking a Graduate Residence Coordinator (GRC) . The GRC, working as part of a team, shares in the responsibility and accountability in providing for the leadership and management of two residence halls. The GRC is responsible for assisting with the implementation of a comprehensive student life program offering services and events to enhance student success. Major responsibilities include: providing a living-learning environment consistent with the University's Catholic identity, fostering holistic growth and development of students; assisting in retention efforts; fostering respect for diversity; promoting community development; empowering self-government in the residence halls and assuring that the vision of the University and Division of Student Life is implemented. Additional responsibility in assisting Student Life personnel in providing opportunities for students to participate in social and community service activities.
Essential functions include but not limited to:
- In order to effectively facilitate student and staff development, it is essential that the incumbent establish and maintain themselves as a visible presence in the residence halls and on campus, being approachable and accessible to residential students and all residence life staff.
- Work closely with the Director of Housing and Residence Life to provide meaningful, educational, personal, recreational, and social activities and learning experiences in the residence halls and in collaboration with other departments on campus.
- Advise and consult with residents regarding individual, social, and educational concerns and initiate appropriate referrals and programs.
- Respond to all incident reports in an efficient and effective manner to ensure the well being and safety of all residents and the maintenance of community standards.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive selection, training and evaluation program for Resident Advisors.
- Assist with Resident Advisor training.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and maintain appropriate housing and residence life records as required or requested.
- Meet regularly with building housekeeping, maintenance and food service personnel to foster a team liaison approach (meetings include inspection of both residence facilities).
Twelve month, live-on campus position that includes tuition remission, housing and meals (when dining hall is open) . Must remain on campus at least one (1) weekend each month.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's Degree and must currently be enrolled in a graduate studies program at Notre Dame of Maryland University. An understanding of student development theory and how to translate theory to effective practice; best practices in student conduct, housing and residence life; counseling skills and basic administration skills.
Candidates should have one to two years of Residence Life live-in experience at the undergraduate level.
This position requires administrative skills, supervisory skills, counseling skills, the ability to effectively manage crisis, and the ability to work effectively with students, families, staff and faculty. Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must. Must be flexible, adhere to strict deadlines, and be self-motivated.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Questions can be directed to the hiring manager, Dr. Courtney Allen at email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Baltimore
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Baltimore
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Part Time jobs in Baltimore
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Baltimore