Department: Corporate Education
MassBay fosters educational excellence and academic success to prepare students for local and global citizenship, to meet critical workforce demands of communities, and to contribute to the region’s economic development.
Massachusetts Bay Community College values diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply to join our community.
Located in Greater Boston, MassBay is a comprehensive, open-access community college, offering associate degrees and certificate programs on three campuses in Wellesley Hills, Framingham, and Ashland, Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educational community, and have a desire and ability to work with a diverse population.
The Certified Nurse’s Assistant (CNA) Instructor will instruct students according to the curriculum designed to assist students to build knowledge and clinical skills aimed at passing the licensing exam for Massachusetts CNA. Assist students in registering for the Massachusetts State CNA licensing exam. The instructor must possess the ability to work with students from different socioeconomic and educational backgrounds. The Instructor will teach a minimum of 80 hours of classroom instruction.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Teach the course curriculum as outlined in the manual entitled Nursing Assisting: A Foundation in Care Giving 5 th Edition Hartman 2020 . Instructors shall also use the companion instructor’s guide
· Build knowledge and develop clinical skills aimed at assisting students to obtain the CNA license
· Maintain accurate records on all students, including but not limited to attendance records, schedules and course requirements regarding hours of instruction and content
· Evaluate and document students’ progress through testing, observation, and assessment of skills attained
· Communicate effectively with students, and all those affiliated with the course, including staff at clinical training facilities, staff, and prospective employers
· Provide a stimulating environment that encourages student participation, interpersonal skills development, and concepts of good patient care.
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the College.
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates diversity.
- Registered Nurse License in Massachusetts.
- Two years’ nursing experience
- LTC experience
- Ability to perform physical work with patients and students in a clinical setting.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the goals of Affirmative Action and workforce diversity;
- Experience working in a diverse environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to working with underserved students;
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Skilled in teaching adult learners
- Willingness to work on a flexible schedule to meet educational requirements
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently.
Salary Range: $50.00 - 50.00 Hourly Wage
Classification Type: Adjunct Faculty
Application Deadline: March 18, 2021, or thereafter until filled.
Hiring is subject to state appropriation funding.
Final candidates are required to provide sealed transcripts and/or certifications.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.
Massachusetts Bay Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s for Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Lisa MacDonald, Director of Equity Compliance, email@example.com, (781) 239-3147, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.