Disability Services Coordinator
Vacancy Number: S-00701 Position Title: Disability Services Coordinator Classification Title: Coordinator Department: Center for Disability Services Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
The Coordinator assists in serving the entire Auburn University at Montgomery ( AUM ) campus community, in coordination with the Disability Services Director and staff, (students and visitors with disabilities, as well as departments needing, or seeking, to improve the physical and programmatic accessibility of their programs) by leading AUM’s efforts to respond appropriately to non-discrimination and accommodation services requirements of the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and Section 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
The Coordinator will provide assistive technology (AT) services on behalf of the Center for Disability Services ( CDS ) to include assisting staff with AT request and questions relating to AT hardware and software; complete alternative format request such as brailling, captioning, visual
descriptions and electronic text (e-text); scan documents for conversion into alternative
• Provide intentional services that support academic success, this includes digitizing classroom materials and texts, captioning of videos, coordinating transcription and/or interpretation services for students to include Braille, and exam proctoring.
• Manage online accommodation request service delivery system, Accommodate, and provide IT and AT support within CDS office and for hybrid and online classes.
• Train academic and administrative personnel, and students with disabilities on the proper use of AT; conduct on-campus in-service training and at off-campus agencies. Represent CDS at community, state, professional conferences and meetings.
• Assist in the implementation and evaluation of all university-wide policy, contract, and procedure reviews, as well as assessment efforts pertaining to access and student disability services.
• Maintains CDS website and assists with gathering data on program services and CDS students using Accommodate, Argos, Qualtrics survey software, and Student Banner.
• Assist with caseloads of students with disabilities which includes maintaining accurate and confidential records for each student related to eligibility, provision of services, and accommodation decisions and recommendations.
• Assist maintaining disability records management with attention to the protection of confidentiality of all student records (e.g., disability documentation, database, case notes) and in accordance with FERPA regulations; ensure accountability of the office through preparation and maintenance of administrative records and reports.
• Collaborate with instructors to identify volunteer note takers. Provide training and materials for note takers and other individuals selected to assist students receiving accommodations.
• Assist with supervision, ongoing development, and performance evaluation for student workers, consisting of student note takers, and office staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to perform and coordinate administrative functions and provide general program support.
Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills including working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Demonstrated organizational skills and experience working independently and accurately.
Demonstrated experience taking initiative and exercising sound judgment when making decisions and meeting deadlines.
Proven experience working well as part of a team.
Knowledge of disability laws and implications for higher education including Section 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, WCAG, Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Housing Act.
Proven ability to safeguard sensitive and confidential information.
Familiarity with FERPA regulations.
Proficiency using and experience in accessibility features of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, PDF and AT hardware and software ( JAWS, ZoomText, Duxbury, Dragon).
Bachelor’s degree in Rehabilitation Services, Education, Administration, Psychology, Counseling, or related field AND three (3) years of experience in disability services. A Master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for up to (2) years of the required experience.
Job Open Date: 03/04/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 105 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4633 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery