Vacancy Number: S-00700 Position Title: Career Advisor Classification Title: Advisor Department: Career Development Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide students and alumni with individual and group advising in career/major decision-making, exploring and identifying career options, creating career action plans, and identifying current knowledge and competency gaps, suggesting experiential learning and other strategies to complete career plan goals and milestones.
• Advise students on effective approaches for articulating career readiness competencies gained through academic, experiential, and co-curricular education accomplishments; encourage students to create and maintain portfolios detailing accomplishments and career competency development.
• Advise students on effective approaches for maintaining a professional online presence, including e-portfolio management, and software such as Handshake and LinkedIn professional profiles.
• Provide career preparation and job search advice, including but not limited to: resume and other related personal marketing material review and feedback, interview preparation, targeted job search and networking strategies, and professional behavior expertise.
• Develop and administer workshops, seminars, videos, online tutorials, and other career development educational programs; create assessment devices for measuring program and learning objectives.
• Work closely with faculty, advisors, student success mentors, and other student development partners to identify opportunities for collaboration.
• Ensure accurate records of student career advising meetings and activities, including student conversations, career development milestones, document reviews, job-search activities, and more. Administer student satisfactions surveys and other required Center activity data; analyze data and submit reports as directed.
• Receive office visitors and/or telephone calls; answer routine questions; screen calls/callers; take messages and/or refer to appropriate personnel; pick-up, sort, and deliver mail.
• Support the activities of Career Development Center team members; assist with Career Development Center programs, events, activities, and resources as needed.
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of career development educational resources, web content and marketing/promotional materials as needed.
• Remain abreast of best practices and emerging trends in career development and employee recruitment and selection through personal research and professional development opportunities, share research and information with the Career Development Center team and the university community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of university, Student Affairs, and Career Development Center policies, and procedures
• Knowledge of career development/career readiness theory and applications
• Knowledge of student advising principles and practices
• Knowledge of career services software and talent management system software applications
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Organization and time management skills
• Presentation skills
• Digital technology application skills
• Ability to pay close attention to details
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to CDC clients, campus partners and employer representatives
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
• Ability to evaluate and provide feedback on job search materials and applications (e.g., resumes, cover letters, electronic professional profiles)
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Human Resources, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred. Career advising/counseling experience in higher education or K-12 preferred.
Job Open Date: 03/04/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 105 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4636 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery