Director of Alumni Engagement
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Director of Alumni Engagement develops the strategic planning and implementation of alumni programming to lead the Office of Alumni Engagement in supporting Millersville University’s EPPIIC Values and mission to provide diverse, dynamic, meaningful experiences to inspire learners to grow both intellectually and personally to enable them to contribute positively to local and global communities.
The Director is responsible for providing inspirational leadership to a team that works to 1) engage the 69,000+ alumni, 2) feed student recruitment, 3) identify and provide volunteer opportunities for alumni, and 4) support University fundraising. The office is expected to engage 2,000 new alumni and 6,000 total alumni (with a 2.5% goal increase each year) annually. The Director will provide evaluative methods for analyzing the success of each initiative for which the office is responsible and will continuously abide by best practices in the field. The Director supervises an Assistant Director and an Administrative Assistant, a graduate assistant, undergraduate student workers, and alumni volunteers.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years’ management experience.
- 3 years’ experience in working with volunteers.
- 3 years’ professional development experience or volunteer experience with personal solicitation.
- Demonstrated success in alumni engagement as evidenced through philanthropy, communications, volunteerism, and event attendance.
- Experience in event planning with strong attention to details.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets.
- Evidence of ability to develop professional relationships with constituents.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Ability to be a creative self-starter.
- Skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
- Understanding of the use of social media.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Evidence of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to work remotely if required due to University procedures.
- Successful interview and presentation
- Three successful background checks.
- Master’s degree.
- 5 years management experience in higher education.
- Three years’ experience in alumni relations.
- Knowledge of the university, its history, mission, and direction.
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville