Work Site Location: Head Start - Three positions available in Kootenai County
Work Schedule: This part-time position works approximately 16 hours per week, Sept. - May
In conjunction with the North Idaho College Head Start mission, five-year goals and in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations the Classroom Aide under general direction assists the Classroom Teacher with implementing a comprehensive child development program.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, staff, families and the community.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean, healthy, and organized learning environment.
- Participate in ensuring active supervision of all children in the classroom.
- Assist in planning and implementing classroom curriculum and learning experiences, with the classroom team
- Support the development of relationships between children and their families through involvement in the program.
- Conduct classroom hours each week per center model. Attendance is mandatory for teaching staff during classroom hours.
- Support early childhood education in the classroom.
- Support individual children in meeting their basic developmental needs, including, feeding and toileting
- Participate in a program committee as assigned.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to ensure up-to-date, quality services to children and families.
- Participate as part of the center team to ensure efficient center operations
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Plan work time to meet the center operations schedule, knowing that flexibility is required to meet the unique needs of the Head Start program and its participants.
Education and Experience : High school diploma or GED and experience as a staff or volunteer in a preschool classroom, with preference given to Head Start experience.
Required License and/or Certifications (upon hire) :
• Register with Idaho STARS and participate in the professional development system.
• Meet all training and certification requirements for childcare licensing and Head Start Program Performance Standards.
• Maintain current Infant/child & Adult CPR and First Aid.
• Meet terms of Statement of Agreement/ Employment Declaration.
• Pass an enhanced criminal background check including fingerprinting, as required by Head Start Program Performance Standards and Child Care Licensing requirements, prior to first day of work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people from diverse ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
• Positive approach to Early Childhood Development programs, health and social services.
• Working knowledge of commonly used computer software programs including data collection systems.
• Demonstrate professional ethics and confidentiality. Represent the Head Start program in the community and with other professionals, positively and with professionalism.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
All application materials must be upload and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: March 04, 2021 Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: March 19, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Other Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Teacher Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene