Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Online Adjunct Faculty - PhD in Nursing
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
The adjunct faculty member will be responsible for
• Administrative duties such as roster verification, course
management, and final grade submission.
• Classroom responsibilities include timely communication with
students (response to questions and grading are included in this),
facilitate learning, and mentor/coach students.
• Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with
assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
• Advise/guide students through the dissertation process that
culminates in successful dissertation defense.
• Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and
• Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
• Participate in School retention initiatives by maintaining
productive contact with students and reaching out to absent
students in attempt to re-engage them in classroom
• Participate in School assessment initiatives as assigned
including: online assessment activities, course enhancement
feedback, classroom success data analysis, annual
• Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance, and
• Motivate students to actively participate in all aspect of the
• Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance
with University policies
• Remain abreast of existing and emerging technologies, processes,
products, services and leading industry performance
• Work effectively as a team member, embracing and fostering LU’s
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have PhD or EdD or related field from an accredited nursing
or related program.
• Must have valid RN license without encumbrances from one of the
50 US states.
• Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting
agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
• Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and
communication skills required.
• Creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills required.
• Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments
timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency in MS Office, Blackboard/Canvas and the
• Able to obtain and maintain additional nursing licenses if
applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
• Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level is
• Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty
University’s online automated application process.
Online teaching experience
10-20 hours per week for each course taught.
Special Instructions for Applicants
Please be prepared to upload copies of your RN license, and any
other pertinent certifications and licenses.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Professional License(s)
- Pastoral Reference Letter
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 1
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 2
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).