Computer Systems Analyst I, Information Technology (IT)
The Information Technology department invites applications for a Computer Systems Analyst I to join their team. This position will report to the Manager of Enterprise Information Systems in Information Technology (IT), and be part of a team that helps develop database programs in support of our ERP System (Banner). The Computer Systems Analyst I will provide user analysis, database programming, perform troubleshooting and recommend solutions, and provide support to administrative users of various enterprise information systems. The applicant assigned to this role will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of a relational database structure and programming techniques using SQL, PLSQL, and related database management tools. This position will require an understanding of an object-oriented programming environment and related techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented programming with one or more programming languages
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux operating systems and relevant OS utilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of Relational databases and associated toolsets (SQL or PL/SQL)
- Effective oral and written communication skills; professional customer service skills with the ability to share complex information with others
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in software design, development methodologies and analysis techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of designing user interfaces and writing reports using an industry standard report writing tool
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and productive business relationships with others
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, time-management, and organizational skills to complete tasks with critical deadlines while paying attention to detail
- Ability to follow and apply the University of Montana and departmental policies and procedures
- Effective communication skills, including both written and verbal communications
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or Computer Science and two (2) years of related work experience; or any combination of experience and education that provides the competencies necessary to successfully discharge the duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Experience in working with a Student, Human Resources, or Finance information system of a higher education institution
- Familiarity with an (IDE) like Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Experience working with Grails or Java
- Knowledge and understanding of Apache Tomcat
- Experience with GIT repositories
About the Information Technology department and UM
Central IT provides computing, network, and telecommunications infrastructure, supports enterprise level software, and offers a range of technology support services for the Missoula campus.. The organization also coordinates with the other Montana University System campuses, the local community, and the State of Montana to ensure consistency of offerings and policy. IT at the University of Montana is led by a Chief Information Officer (CIO), who reports to UM's President and sits on the President's cabinet and council of vice presidents.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Computer Systems Analyst I
Position Number: 005430
Department: Information Technology
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), typically Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm but will require some flexibility in scheduling, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, March 21, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner