Graduate Student Recruitment Coordinator
OSU-Cascades is seeking a Graduate Student Recruitment Coordinator. This is a full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, fixed term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Director of Admissions.
The Graduate Student Recruitment Coordinator at OSU-Cascades develops and implements marketing strategies; executes a recruitment plan; develops and maintains relationships with key OSU departments, community colleges, prospective students, and other external organizations; counsels and advises prospective students on the admissions application process, requirements, and deadlines; coordinates the admissions process including application distribution to faculty, the evaluation process, and related paperwork. The position will primarily be responsible for recruitment and admissions advising in the following programs: Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT), Master of Counseling (MCOUN), Master of Fine Arts (MFA), English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and any future graduate programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited degree program in Education, Counseling, STEM fields, Communications, or related field.
- One (1) year of experience in either academic advising, admissions counseling, academic support programs or a combination of those areas with another student contact area.
- Working knowledge of computer functions such as Power Point, Excel, word processing, e-mail, and internet.
- Experience in public speaking, writing and presentation skills.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- Experience in a constantly changing environment where new processes are being developed.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
OSU is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled