Manager, Talent Planning
Manager, Talent Planning
The University of Virginia Human Resources (UVA HR) organization is seeking a Manager of Talent Planning. The Manager will help craft the vision and strategy to develop the UVA workforce for the future, with exciting opportunities for collaboration and community across Grounds, including the Academic Division and UVA Health. The candidate will oversee Workforce Development and Planning, Career Services for employees, Learning & Development, new employee orientation, and be asked to be a visionary in creating ideas to help transform how these services are delivered.
This position connects directly to the University’s 2030 Strategic Plan (strategicplan.virginia.edu) and the Racial Equity Task Force report’s initiative for pathways for staff success (https://racialequity.virginia.edu/sites/g/files/jsddwu356/files/2020-08/RETFFinalSigned.pdf). Today, UVA is a diverse global community of nearly 54,000 students, faculty, and staff. University students represent virtually every state in the nation, and 111 countries, and nearly a quarter-million alumni around the world actively support UVA's mission to serve the greater good.
U.S. News & World Report has ranked University of Virginia Medical Center as the No. 1 hospital in Virginia for the fourth consecutive year. UVA Health (uvahealth.com) includes a renowned academic medical center committed to providing outstanding patient care, educating tomorrow's health care leaders, and discovering new and better ways to treat disease. Find out more about the many benefits of working at UVA (https://hr.virginia.edu/careers-uva/why-uva), and living in Charlottesville (https://hr.virginia.edu/careers-uva/why-charlottesville).
This Manager level position requires a visionary, adept leader with prior experience developing and implementing talent strategy with successful, measurable outcomes. The Manager plays a key role in our long-term success and includes the oversight of functions that prepare UVA for the future of work and ensures we continue to support a high performing culture and enhance organization effectiveness. This role oversees consultants and specialists whose work includes focus on workforce development and learning efforts, and has responsibility for a variety of other work related to Talent Management and professional development. Success and impact will be measured via the creation and analysis of meaningful data-based insights, powerful programs, and consultation with top-level leaders on actions that develop the UVA workforce, drive diversity and inclusion practices, and assess talent needs. Prior experience crafting a vision for workforce development/career services for employees, developing a strategy, gaining alignment of stakeholders, and executing that strategy for successful outcomes is imperative. Work is a balance of strategic and hands-on tactical responsibilities.
- Transform UVA’s approach to talent planning, building on a solid foundation with an experienced team in Career Services/Workforce Development and Planning, Learning & Development, and new employee orientation;Create and align talent strategies with the UVA 2030 Strategic Plan and the Racial Equity Task Force report, collaborating across UVA and UVA HR;
- Provide subject matter expertise on functional areas, and partner to ensure workforce readiness for the rapid and significant changes in the future workforce;
- Provide a clear line of sight for alignment of Career Services/Workforce Development and Planning, Learning & Development, and new employee orientation, with the UVA HR strategic plan and the Racial Equity Task Force report;
- Develop and deliver analytics and dashboards that demonstrate the value of employee experience strategies;
- Serve as a role model to lead, coach, and develop team members within UVA HR and across the organization;
- Regularly research and analyze peer institutions and industry best practices to position UVA HR and Talent Planning as the best-in-class, forward-thinking leader in higher education;
- Leverage and consult with UVA HR Business Partners to provide thought partnership to and coach leaders exhibiting a continuous improvement and solutions-oriented mindset to transform the culture;
- Collaborate with the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to incorporate and demonstrate success with the UVA Inclusive Excellence framework (virginia.edu/content/video-ryan-and-mcdonald-introduce-uvas-inclusive-excellence-framework), meaningfully connecting UVA HR strategies to further inclusion, equity, and diversity goals;
- Regularly engage with HR Business partners to identify talent risks and needs across the Academic Division and UVA Health, collaborating to build concrete plans to demonstrate improvement; and
- Lead all projects related to dedicated functional areas, and ensure they are on target to meet objectives, budgets, and timelines; eliminate or mitigate associated risks.
- Education: Bachelor's d0egree; extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree;
- Experience: At least seven years of progressive experience; with demonstrated ability to identify risks, build and align initiatives, and effectively implement with clear results;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workload for self and team to meet deadlines and objectives;
- Proven record of delivering initiatives from conception through implementation;
- Demonstrated success in a collaborative work environment; and
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic mindset
- Action oriented
- Customer focus
- Develops talent
- Values differences
- Drives engagement
- Organizational savvy
- Drives vision and purpose
- A high level of emotional intelligence and people skills
- Workday, Salesforce, Zoom
The anticipated hiring range for this position is $100,000-125,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will pass a background check. PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for ‘Manager of Talent Planning.’ Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for Requisition R0022430, complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the "Resume" box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. For information regarding the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman at email@example.com.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including UVA Health and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Charlottesville
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Charlottesville
- Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Charlottesville
- Other Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Charlottesville