Assistant Professor - Criminal Justice
TROY UNIVERSITY is a comprehensive public institution serving more than 20,000 students worldwide at four campuses in Alabama, multiple sites throughout the United States, multiple international locations, and through an extensive online learning program.
Troy University is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Assistant Professor – Criminal Justice:
The Department of Anthropology, Sociology and Criminology (https://www.troy.edu/academics/colleges-schools/college-arts-sciences/departments/social-science/) at Troy University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Criminology & Criminal Justice anticipated to start in August 2021. We are a friendly and collaborative department with growth potential in our undergraduate Criminal Justice and Master’s in Criminal Justice programs. We recently added a Criminology track to our Master’s in Social Science program and are in the process of building a forensics minor and a teaching laboratory. We are looking for a quantitative criminologist or criminal justice faculty member with a primary specialization in corrections. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Criminal Justice and Criminology. Teaching expectations for this position include statistics and research methods at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. The primary responsibilities of this position are to teach four undergraduate and graduate courses per semester, conduct scholarly activities including publishing in academic journals. Full participation in departmental activities is expected as well as serving on committees, advising and mentoring students, and other duties. A syllabus of choice should be placed in the “Other document” section of the application.
- PhD. in criminology, criminal justice or a closely related discipline from a regionally accredited institution (applicants that are ABD and near graduation will also be considered)
- Ability to teach both face-to-face as well as in online environments
- Ability to conduct scholarly research, publish peer-reviewed work, and seek out grant funding in area of specialization
Please visit our website at www.troyuniversityjobs.com for further details and information on how to apply.
Troy University is an EEO/AA employer
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Troy
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Troy
- Criminal Justice & Criminology Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Troy
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Troy