Dean for the School of Business and Information Technology
INAUGURAL DEAN FOR THE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Minnesota State Community and Technical College (M State) seeks a dynamic, front-line leader who is student-focused, equity-minded and strategic to serve as the inaugural dean for the new School of Business and Information Technology.
M State was formed in 2003 by the merger of Fergus Falls Community College and three campuses of Northwest Technical College in order to better serve the needs of the region by combining strong career and technical programs with liberal arts and science offerings in one comprehensive college. A regional, student-focused institution, M State is the fifth largest college in the Minnesota State system and the largest two-year college in Greater Minnesota, serving nearly 14,000 students in both credit and non-credit, including over 7,000 students in credit programs. At M State students find the best of both worlds: big college resources and small college feel on its four welcoming campuses and in its many online courses and programs. The college’s vision is to be a success story for every student. College administration, faculty and staff value integrity, inclusion, and innovation and they strive to be ‘ALL IN’ as they teach and serve their diverse student body.
The School of Business and Information Technology is a new academic unit within M State and encompasses the major discipline areas in business and IT. Accordingly, the inaugural dean must have the experience, skill set, entrepreneurial spirit and desire to forge the various disciplines into an integrated, collegial and unified school across all four campuses. As with the other academic deans, the Dean of Business and Information Technology will report to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs and serve as a member of both the Academic Leadership Team and the College Management Team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Create a sense of unity and collegiality among the business and IT programs across all campuses
- Manage the anticipated enrollment growth in the various disciplines
- Establish a “culture of innovation” and to take full advantage of Idea Central, an incubator for business and industry
- Develop innovative and unconventional plans for delivering education
- Further develop and enhance partnerships with other academic units in the institution
- Foster partnerships with businesses and industries in the region
- Assist in the identification and development of new programs responsive to industry needs, particularly as related to workforce development
- Explore the development of career academies and establish them in concert with external educational partners as deemed appropriate
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by April 2, 2021. The review of applications will continue through the search committee’s selection of continuing candidates. The search page, which includes the full Executive Search Profile as well as the opportunity to apply or nominate, is located here.
RH Perry & Associates, a national executive search firm, is assisting Minnesota State Community and Technical College in their search. All confidential communications may be directed to our search team: Dr. John Hutchinson, Senior Consultant, or Mr. Paul Doeg, President and Chief Operating Officer, at MNDeanBIT@rhperry.com.
Minnesota State Community and Technical College, a member of the Minnesota State system, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity educator and employer.