Rapport Programmer Analyst
We're looking to hire a person who can move into the product lead for our research applications team. This could be you if...
You are an excellent communicator who values research and wants to contribute to the development of knowledge. You understand technology and how to best use it to meet customer needs. You have some knowledge of the research process, from application to award. You want to work closely with customers to optimize workflow and process.
As a Rapport Programmer Analyst, you will have the opportunity to truly help people and be part of the process that facilitates the creation of new human knowledge.
The Research, Teaching and Learning (RTL), team at Dartmouth facilitates research through the development, management and maintenance of our grant management systems in addition to the development of bespoke software for research projects. Through a filter of collaboration and creative problem solving, we seek to optimize the grant application process for Principal Investigators and grant managers by working closely with The Office of Sponsored Projects. Other significant factors include developing and implementing product roadmaps for enhancements, upgrades, and integrations with other systems.
Project Analysis and Coordination
- Guides research staff, team members, and business partners in defining software requirements and developing design solutions primarily for grants administration software.
- Establishes timelines for projects, maintaining effective communication with team members and partners
- Translates business requirements into technical specifications.
- Manages software development ticketing system and priorities.
- Develops understanding of similarities and differences in diverse cultures through employee education programs
Percentage Of Time: 40
- Works independently to convert project specifications and statements of problems and procedures into implemented software solutions for the Rapport Grants Administration software suite.
- Implement customizations within vendor-provided frameworks (Huron, eSirius) while staying within upgrade paths
- Work with databases to develop reports and troubleshoot problems.
- Follows established standards and best practices of software engineering and programming, source code management, and documentation.
- Maintains current knowledge and stays on top of emerging and evolving technology trends via peer reviewed journals, attending workshops and vendor documentation
Percentage Of Time: 25
- Provides ongoing support of existing systems and effective support to end users.
- Designs, implements, and documents user/technical support procedures.
- Recognizes opportunities for new ways to utilize or improve systems.
Percentage Of Time: 25
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Develops understanding of similarities and differences in diverse cultures through employee education programs.
Percentage Of Time: 5
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
- Bachelors plus 3-5 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated history of being a contributing member on a programming team.
- Curiosity about technology and a desire to learn.
- Effective and timely communication of project progress and impediments.
- Problem analysis and debugging skills.
- Understanding of tabular data and the relationship between a software solution and its database
- Documented success in delivery of software solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or the equivalent combination of education and technical experience
- 5 years experience working in application development teams
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP), Application Design
- Patterns and computer science foundations
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills and experience with project delivery
- Knowledge of the .NET Framework, MVC, ASMX, REST and SOAP APIs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database administration and stored procedures
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- 3+ years of Huron Grants experience
- 3+ years of experience working with a grants office at a research organization.
- Knowledge of grants administration and grant lifecycle from proposal to award
For additional information and to apply, please visit https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/56401
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.