Talent Acquisition Specialist
Talent Acquisition Specialist
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Manager of Recruitment and Staffing, a Talent Acquisition Specialist implements City Colleges of Chicago’s (CCC) strategic recruitment plans and programs for faculty and non-faculty employment categories. Manages the recruitment and onboarding life cycle for multiple locations, partnering with HR staff, campus leaders, and hiring managers and executing recruitment and candidate sourcing strategies to effectively build and maintain a robust pipeline of candidates.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist demonstrates a multicultural awareness in directing CCC’s recruitment programs, contributing to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful organization and College community. Performs related duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to understand talent needs and expectations, and creates recruitment strategies to fill vacant positions.
- Coordinates and leads recruitment strategies for vacancies including critical, hard-to-fill positions.
- Works with HR and hiring managers to develop concise, accurate job postings, critical success factors for positions, and compelling job profiles
- Source candidates effectively using internal advertising, LinkedIn, databases, job boards, advertisements, social media, networking, and other advertising strategies.
- Screens, interviews, and recommends internal/external candidates for all levels of job including professional, management, technical and faculty positions.
- Coaches and provides guidance to hiring managers throughout the search and selection process, including how to conduct interviews and evaluate candidates.
- Serves as a liaison and consultant to District and college senior leaders, HR staff, and outside agencies regarding CCC’s recruitment programs.
- Utilizes the Taleo applicant tracking and onboarding system to manage the requisition and hiring process.
- Coordinates with hiring manager to ensure a smooth recruitment process, participating in screening resumes and applications, scheduling interviews, making candidate selections, and initiating the offer and onboarding process.
- Advises management and supervisory staff on recruitment and staffing procedures, and best strategies for filling vacancies.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Five years of experience in a strategic recruiting role with an emphasis on recruitment, employment services or talent acquisition administration
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP desirable
- Experience working within a higher education and/or public sector employer desirable
- Demonstrable track record of delivering against recruiting targets
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in executing full-cycle recruiting process
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago