College Clerical Asst II
College Clerical Assistant II
District Office City
Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
Under supervision, performs a variety of routine clerical duties in a college administrative or departmental office; and performs related duties as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates computer equipment utilizing word processing software to produce a variety of materials including exams, student handouts, faculty lists and handbooks, teacher program forms, narrative reports and general correspondence; maintains general office and college program files.
- Answers telephones, takes messages and transfers calls to appropriate personnel. Sorts and distributes incoming mail.
- Assists in reviewing time sheets and prepares attendance reports for payroll processing. Prepares purchase requisitions for supplies and equipment, reviews invoices and purchase orders to ensure correctness of charges and to verify delivery of ordered items.
- Provides information to student inquiries regarding registration, financial aid, departmental course offerings and policies.
- Maintains and updates student academic records, financial aid reports, registration forms and transcripts. Maintains and updates college course data and inputs student registration information.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs related duties as required.
Indirect Supervision: None
- Graduation from high school supplemented by one year of clerical and keyboarding experience in an office setting; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficient in PC desktop and related software programs. Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to keyboard 45 words per minute. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Skill in basic filing, record keeping and operation of a variety of office machines.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago