Project Manager Construction
Project Manager Construction
3452 Spur 399,, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced Project Manager Construction .
Lead and manage multiple construction capital project activities related to scope, schedule, budget, quality, coordination and team communication. Project oversight monitoring across multiple campuses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish initial scope, schedule and budget in collaboration with other team members and affected academic staff for capital projects.
- Maintain familiarity with applicable building codes and regulations, such as, but not limited to International Building Code, NFPA, TDLR, OSHA, ADA and ASHRAE 90.1.
- Monitor compliance with Collin College rules and regulations, state statutes, and federal regulation and law.
- Ensure third-party managers and consultants provide compliant project delivery. Evaluate third-party provider performance.
- Resolve conflicts between project stakeholders to ensure project goals are met.
- Assist with development and management of building as-built document drawing library.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree in construction management or related field from accredited college OR ten years of equivalent work experience required.
Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or related field from accredited institution and one to five years of project management experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of construction management processes
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and methods, and relevant regulations and quality standards
- Strong time-management and multi-task skills
- Critical thinker with interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- AutoCAD skills preferred
- Ability to interpret construction documents (drawings, specification, contracts)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. ***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $69,644.00 - 80,091.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.