CAD Construction Library Specialist
CAD Construction Library Specialist
3452 Spur 399, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experiencedCAD Construction Library Specialist.
Manage, development and provide on-going update of building as-built document drawing library. Establish a filing system and communication update process to be coordinate and maintain building as-built documentation for the College District. Ensure all building modifications are updated in archived drawings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a building as-built document drawing library.
- Establish hardware and software requirements to maintain as-built electronic file library.
- Establish a communication update process for multiple campus projects to be utilized by Facilities and Construction.
- Ensure drawing updates are made promptly upon completion of capital projects.
- Maintain reasonable familiarity with applicable building codes and regulations.
- Communicate with third-party service providers and consultants to gather project drawing files and change directives.
- Provide current drawings, as needed, to internal team members and/or third-party A/E/C providers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School diploma/equivalency certificate (GED) or an associate degree from a regionally accredit institution and one (1) year of related work experience required.
CAD software and design management experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
AutoCAD training/certification from an accredited institution or a minimum of equivalent practical experience.
Texas Driver's License.
May substitute directly related CAD software and design work experience for AutoCAD training/certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of building products and construction details is beneficial
- Proficient AutoCAD skills required
- Strong organizational skills
- Time-management and multi-task skills
- Critical thinker with written and verbal communication skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. ***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $40,863.00 - 46,992.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney