Health Services Manager
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
. Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under administrative supervision, direct the operational activities of Health Services to promote health education and health awareness and to provide appropriate health care services.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide health care for students, faculty, staff and
administrators with an emphasis on preventative care, (e.g.,
wellness, quality of life, etc.).
- Provide emergency care both within and outside the health
- Use judgment to assess the needs of clients. Perform
appropriate medical procedures. Treat minor illness, when
appropriate. Provide health related counseling.
- Facilitate compliance with OSHA regulations concerning exposure
to blood-borne pathogens and other health related federal and state
regulations, e.g., HIPAA, mandated AED's, CDC, etc. Write required
reports, newsletters, correspondence.
- Oversee health related insurance issues such as Worker's
Compensation, athletic injury claims, international student issues,
and general student major medical policy.
- Coordinate AED and CPR training and other health education
- Assist the physician with athletic, Allied Health and physical
examinations for students planning to transfer.
- Provide leadership for the physical aspects of wellness and
health care for the OCC community.
- Evaluate all health forms for Allied Health students to comply
with clinical requirements.
- Maintain confidential medical files, maintain inventory of
equipment, supplies and medications.
- Perform other job-related assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Current Illinois registered professional nurse
- Bachelor of Science degree or an equivalent combination of
education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills
can be acquired is necessary.
- Four years nursing experience and background in emergency room
and public health or occupational/industrial nursing.
- Nurse practitioner certification or College Health Nurse Certification desirable.
Administrative supervision is received from the Dean of Counseling, Health Services and Wellness.
General supervision is exercised over one full-time Health Services Assistant, one part-time Registered nurse and temporary nursing staff.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY: $63,403 Starting salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Nursing Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines