Learning Management System Technologist
The Learning Management System Technologist is a highly technical position that supports the use of digital learning technology. This position is responsible for the administration and coordination of FGCU’s employee learning management system (LMS). The incumbent reports to Human Resources and is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and delivering analytics of staff training and development digital learning technology.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
• Acts as the primary LMS administrator. Manages the day to day operation, use, and configuration of the system. Maintains functionality, appearance, and settings within community areas of the LMS.
• Manages content, courses, and supporting documentation within the LMS.
• Responsible for user management. Creates and manages user structures, roles, and security access. Assigns learners to courses. Creates user groups and learning cohorts.
• Responsible for course management within the LMS. Publishes and archives online training courses, resources, and curriculum. Creates course structures, manages and tracks course enrollment, history, and revisions.
• Develops user procedures, guidelines and documentation to support users in accessing the LMS. Collaborates with ITS to provide technical training to end users.
• Identifies and helps resolve routine problems involving the use and implementation of digital learning technology.
• Develops data collection instruments; develops and utilizes instruments and methods for ongoing access to learning information and performance management.
• Collects, summarizes, and/or analyzes data in preparation for generation of standard and custom reports for data driven decision making. Tracks utilization rates and reports metrics.
• Acts as a consultant to recommend solutions on the utilization of the LMS to measure performance and meet organizational objectives.
• Collaborates with HR Business Partners and other institutional departments to identify and recommend areas of opportunity, process improvements, and innovative solutions.
• May assist in the development and delivery of training workshops.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
Two years of professional full-time experience in LMS or database development, design, or management.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or a closely related field.
Two years of professional full-time experience providing technology support, assisting in the development of courses and learning activities for courses
delivered via a Learning Management System and providing support on the use of a Learning Management System.
Professional work experience in a higher education setting.
Previous Workday experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of learning management systems (Workday, Canvas, etc.) and other commonly used digital learning technologies.
Knowledge of learning theory and principles, instructional design process, and common issues surrounding the use of digital learning technology.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
Ability to troubleshoot, and understand directories, file structures, and systems.
Ability to compile, organize, interpret, and communicate data and results in a concise format.
Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
Ability to learn new software tools for the support of learning materials used in online, hybrid, and web-enhanced courses.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000 annually
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers