Manager of Card Services - ITS
Works with Card Services and IT staff to manage and support the
Transact Campus/OneCard system. Oversees the lifecycle of door
hardware, patron cards/credentials, and access plans with campus
stakeholders. Works closely with university departments to ensure
successful installation and management of access control systems.
Provides support for Food Services technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate with Card Services Office and other functional users
of the Transact Campus system to develop and execute projects or
2. Create and maintain documentation, procedures, and schedules for
card related projects.
3. Develop specifications, configure and maintain access
control-related hardware, software, and system integrations.
4. Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electronic lock access
5. Identify security risks within the access control
6. Maintain account access and user privileges within the Transact
access control system.
7. Test, deploy, and troubleshoot restaurant technologies,
including POS systems, Kitchen Display systems, and credit card
8. Regularly review and update Food Services hardware
9. Ensure proper licensing for all systems.
10. Work with systems vendors and service providers to troubleshoot
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Experience with id card access and electronic access control
system; Transact Campus preferred.
Experience managing multiple projects with diverse
Knowledge of hardware, software, and network applications.
Programming skills are strongly desired.
Success troubleshooting and solving transactional and process
Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Ability to work independently and with a proactive
Ability to adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
Excellent communication and ability to build consensus among
cross-functional teams including customers, business partners, and
Experience directing and managing vendor, consultant, and
Team-oriented with an ability to work with a wide variety of
Exhibit a strong customer service mentality.
Ability to convey information through reports and other delivery
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in associated discipline (Business, Computer
Science, Management, etc.). A minimum of five (5) years’ experience
in information technology or related field and proven knowledge of
hardware, software, server, and networks. Formal project management
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3