Financial Coordinator 1 - (STA007008)
Coordinates the financial operations of a unit in a college or division. May oversee the activities of clerical financial support personnel.
- Maintains and reconciles accurate account balances on all accounts in revenues and expenditures for the unit.
- Coordinates the deposit of cash for the unit.
- Creates and provides financial summary reports for the college or division business manager; assists the business manager with budget cycles.
- Oversees and updates an internal accounting system which provides the database for posting and reconciliation capabilities to the Financial Reporting System (FRS).
- Oversees and schedules duties for staff and/or student workers in the preparation of vouchers, requisitions, SCRs, and travel documents; oversees the filing of financial documents and data entry of related financial information.
- Trains staff in the preparation of financial documents in compliance with university and college/division policies and procedures.
- May coordinate and maintain the payroll function for the unit; may coordinate property inventory and serve as property custodian for the unit.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
-Department willing to accept education in lieu of experience.
High school and 3 years experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: Some of the additional responsibilities of this position is preparing and submitting cash deposits, process monthly reconciliation and being responsible for contract management.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston