Academic Advisor 2 - (STA006991)
Provides information to, and advises both enrolled and prospective students regarding the academic programs offered by the University or a specific department, including requirements for admission and retention through graduation; may coordinate the work of entry level academic advisors.
- Advises enrolled and prospective students regarding academic programs and curriculums.
- Analyzes and processes degree plans, graduation applications, grade change forms, and general petitions.
- Maintains student files updated throughout their academic careers and makes changes to records as necessary.
- Analyzes and processes requests for readmission from academic suspension, as well as financial aid reinstatements; provides retention services for students on probation.
- May assist in conducting orientation sessions for groups of incoming new students.
- May assist in recruiting high school and community college students and may make presentations at special events.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
This position is housed in the C.T. Bauer College of Business Graduate and Professional Programs department. Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the team of the Bauer College by maintaining key relationships with faculty, staff and students
- Advising students on curriculum and degree requirements
- Effectively communicating with faculty
- Occasional travel, evenings and weekends around the Greater Houston area %5C
Applicants must be able to sufficiently carry out all required tasks daily from a home office until the department goes back to working on-site. .
PeopleSoft experience preferred.
Willing to accept education in lieu of experience.
Notes to Applicant: Occasional travel and special events may occur outside of the normal business working hours including some evenings and Saturdays. As much advance notice as possible will be given.